Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #35146
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Be careful, Tom... When I discovered disposable lithium AA batteries I thought I had it made in the shade. My flash unit for my camera can take five batteries at once, with instant full refresh because of that 5th battery. Great for multi-flash action shots. So I used it to photograph a Thai Muay Thai boxing match... and burned out the flash! The batteries overheated so badly that they cooked the strobe's circuits, and Nikon wouldn't stand behind its warantee because they didn't specify that I 'could' use lithium batteries. Note; they didn't specify that I couldn't either, but that didn't seem to make any difference. I had to buy another...

Stitchawl
I haven't noticed any problems with overheating (knock on wood), but my camera only uses 2. They're in my Canon PowerShot A570 IS, and they've been in there forever. Every time I go to use it, I'm expecting to find dead batteries—surely they've died by now—but they just keep on truckin'. They're the Energizer Lithium 03-2022 AA cells, in case you're interested, and advertised to last 9 times longer in electronic devices, not 6 times, as I erroneously posted earlier.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #35147
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Fitting the new iPad case that my friend got me for Hanukkah/Christmas.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM   #35148
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I haven't noticed any problems with overheating (knock on wood), but my camera only uses 2. They're in my Canon PowerShot A570 IS, and they've been in there forever. Every time I go to use it, I'm expecting to find dead batteries—surely they've died by now—but they just keep on truckin'. They're the Energizer Lithium 03-2022 AA cells, in case you're interested, and advertised to last 9 times longer in electronic devices, not 6 times, as I erroneously posted earlier.
Yep! Those are the ones I was using! Great batteries, and I still use them for several OTHER devices that don't require constant drain the way the flash did. And you're right; they DO last forever! Shelf life is about 5 years, so they are the perfect choice for emergency equipment, and the user life goes on and on and on. I could find them in just about every shop all over S.E. Asia, but they are almost impossible to find here in Japan! Very odd... I stock up on them when I travel, and bring them back here.

But that damn flash cost about $800... I use three of them when doing hotel room advertising shoots, running them off optical slaves from my camera's flash. Much more portable than carrying large lights and softboxes, so I had no choice but to replace it... But I don't run the Lithiums in them any more...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #35149
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You know that you've had a really tiring day at work when you walk into the shower still carrying the TV remote in your hand.
[sad but true - fortunately I noticed before turning the water on ... sigh]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #35150
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
You know that you've had a really tiring day at work when you walk into the shower still carrying the TV remote in your hand.
Oh no! I've never done that, but I have been known to throw cutlery in the garbage by accident when cleaning up after a long day.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #35151
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You stand there looking down .... while your brain slowly registers - that's not a bar of soap in your hand ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #35152
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I just made these scones: http://dinahs-dishes.com/2012/01/20/...-cream-scones/

I had hoped they would taste like the ones at Panera Bakery, and yay, they do! Delicious. Notice two are missing from the pan. I had to eat them...for science.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-18 20.02.09.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	941.0 KB
ID:	97899  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #35153
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Right now I'm wondering when GoodReads will be back up.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #35154
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I just made these scones: http://dinahs-dishes.com/2012/01/20/...-cream-scones/

I had hoped they would taste like the ones at Panera Bakery, and yay, they do! Delicious. Notice two are missing from the pan. I had to eat them...for science.
Those look good! They appear to have some sort of 'glaze' on the tops. What is that?

Stitchawl
Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #35155
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I know I'm tired when I try to fast forward the tv with the cordless phone
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #35156
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Those look good! They appear to have some sort of 'glaze' on the tops. What is that?

Stitchawl
Strawberry jam and powdered sugar thinned with a little milk.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #35157
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Right now I'm wondering when GoodReads will be back up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Me: "Oh, let me add a few books to my "wish-list shelf" as I wait for GoodReads to come back up."
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #35158
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Strawberry jam and powdered sugar thinned with a little milk.
Thanks. But this is NOT helping me reach my New Year's weight level...
Unfortunately, on our shopping trip yesterday I bought a jar of 'Smucker's Strawberry Jam' for my wife at the Import shop. I wonder if she'll share?

Stitchawl
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #35159
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Cheer up, guys. It will only be another year or two before we can control everything in the house and car with our Smart Phones...

I'm still reeling from yesterday's experience trying to find a particular shop in Kobe, Japan. My wife suggested, so I tried, and 'asked Siri; "Siri, where is Daimaru Department Store?" And 'Siri' replied "Daimaru Department store is 0.7km from your current location. Would you like me to display a map with walking directions?" How the hell does 'Siri' know so damn much about Kobe, Japan!

Stitchawl
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #35160
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Finished my last university exam today.. not sure what to do with my life until January. Possibly read a non-textbook book, that would be nice.
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?