Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #106
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
There's been mention here and on Amazon that the padding in front of the part that goes over the screen is not as good on the M-Edge as on the original case... updated comments?
I think that he padding is just as good on my m-Edge. But I hated the original so much that I may just be giving my replacement the edge out of spite.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #107
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
The padding is decent but the case isn't as rigid as the stock case. It seems likely to me that the stock case would provide better protection for the screen.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #108
phoenixfire1965
phoenixfire1965 began at the beginning.

I had ordered the M-Edge Genuine leather executive cover in brown and I hated it. I liked the feel but the cover was just not very well fit in my opinion. It held the Kindle nicely but the cover was floppy and moved alot when closed. Also when closed there was at least 3/4 of an inch of empty space where it folded thus allowing the cover to freely slide back and forth on the top of the Kindle. Additionally it did not smell or feel like fine leather. It was certainly bonded leather. It was the same as described by the earlier poster. Smelled like glue. I returned it in less than a week. Waiting for the Avantgarde case.
phoenixfire1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:17 AM   #109
greg777
greg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Kindle Cover

I got the m-edge and I'm very happy with it. I got it after reading some good reviews over at Kindle Cover.
greg777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #110
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
Just wanted to say that my M-Edge cover (red leather) is still holding up amazingly well after months of daily use. I can't recommend it highly enough. I have had lots of compliments on it, and it looks very professional (and still smells divine).
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #111
greg777
greg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't littergreg777 doesn't litter

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
it looks very professional (and still smells divine).
I would certainly have to agree about the smell. Looks good too.
greg777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #112
ChelseaMac
ChelseaMac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile M-edge cover and e-Luminator light for the Kindle

I just received my e-Luminator light from M-Edge. I LOVE it. It is an ideal solution to the Kindle not having a backlight. Anyway, I would recommend this product. It fits seamlessly with the jacket and when you don't need to use it, is lies flat.
Also, a great gift for other Kindlers you know
But I would definitely recommend the M-edge covers....my husband and I have been very happy with everything we have ordered.
ChelseaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #113
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaMac View Post
I just received my e-Luminator light from M-Edge. I LOVE it. It is an ideal solution to the Kindle not having a backlight. Anyway, I would recommend this product. It fits seamlessly with the jacket and when you don't need to use it, is lies flat.
Also, a great gift for other Kindlers you know
But I would definitely recommend the M-edge covers....my husband and I have been very happy with everything we have ordered.
So........are you using the light with the original m-edge cover? Do you slide it in the loop made for the pen?
I love my red M-edge, and wouldn't want to have to buy another, and I love the idea of a dedicated light.

Thanks!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #114
Marie3
Marie3 began at the beginning.

Hi All......I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my Kindle which should be soon. I'm getting antsy......I want it NOW. LOL
Marie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #115
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I think I read that the eLuminator light won't work with the old style M-Edge jacket

I still have my original cover and had no problems with it...but I am very close to buying the new M-Edge and light now that the reviews seem to be favorable. I've wanted an integrated light from the beginning.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #116
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I think I read that the eLuminator light won't work with the old style M-Edge jacket

I still have my original cover and had no problems with it...but I am very close to buying the new M-Edge and light now that the reviews seem to be favorable. I've wanted an integrated light from the beginning.
You are correct. I contacted M-Edge and they confirmed that the old style does not have the room necessary.

I"m also just about to buy the new style and light, just can't decide on the color!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #117
Libby Cone
scribbler
Libby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litter

crocheted case

Look at this great bag on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230318434177

Libby Cone
Author, War on the Margins: A Novel
http://www.waronthemargins.com/
http://tinyurl.com/5bcta4
http://tinyurl.com/6y973d

Last edited by Libby Cone; 01-09-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: typo
Libby Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #118
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Libby Cone: this thread is about the M-Edge cover.

Your link is to a rather basic crocheted case on ebay. Someone has already reported the link as spam. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt this time, because the link is peripherally relevant - just. But usually we ban spammers.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #119
Libby Cone
scribbler
Libby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litter

I'm sorry! I had no idea it was considered spam!
Libby Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #120
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Cone View Post
I'm sorry! I had no idea it was considered spam!
in this thread, it's maybe more accurate to say it's a bit off topic. but you could start a new thread in the lounge to share knitting and crocheting tips to make your own covers. i know there are a lot of crafty people on this forum, they might have some good ideas too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, dodge, duck!