Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #16
alefor
Edge User

Thanks to all, again, for great suggestions. Ya, I was surprised to that I had to go to Acrobat 4, but I have other .pdfs at higher levels that do seem to work. It just may have to do with the initial process of reducing file size, and then in order to replace whatever is "critical" for Repligo, we need to specify Acrobat 4. I dunno. It does seem strange. But it is great that something works, and that I can now read selected files on the tablet side. I do prefer reading on the reader side, so for most of my books it doesnt matter. But if I want to take notes while I read then reading on the tablet side is great. It also works better for some of the books with tiny print since it is easy to zoom and pan on the tablet side. Access to these "tricks" by way of the forum really increases the usefulness of this device. Without the tricks, so many things that seem like they "should" work, just dont, on many devices. The trials and tribulations of technology!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 AM   #17
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
But if I want to take notes while I read then reading on the tablet side is great. It also works better for some of the books with tiny print since it is easy to zoom and pan on the tablet side.
Good point. I really hope Entourage is able to solve some of these problems.

Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #18
fgruber
Edge User

You may also want to try beamreader. I find it handle big PDFs better than repligo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alefor View Post
Has anyone found a good .pdf viewer app that can handle fairly large files and access bookmarks on the tablet side? The PDF to Go that is included with the eDGe simply doesnt work at all when it comes to bookmarks.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:40 AM   #19
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
You may also want to try beamreader. I find it handle big PDFs better than repligo...
Location of the .apk?