Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
"Unhandled exception" when plugging in my PRS-300

Just updated to 0.7.43
When I plug in my Sony PRS-300, an Unhandled exception pops up. Here's the full error text:

calibre, version 0.7.43
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'MessageBox' object has no attribute 'setDetailedText'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 239, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 754, in metadata_downloaded
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 690, in device_job_exception
AttributeError: 'MessageBox' object has no attribute 'setDetailedText'

When I click my device icon, I can't see the installed books on my device. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks!
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You'll have to run calibre in debug mode and post the log. To do that click the arrow next to preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You'll have to run calibre in debug mode and post the log. To do that click the arrow next to preferences.
I should've followed the First Law of Troubleshooting: When In Doubt, Reboot.

Problem solved itself. Thank you Kovid. I will keep the debug option in mind if this ever occurs again.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote