Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
clover_kid
clover_kid began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital novel
Problem Converting pdf files to epub file

I am trying to convert a book of music in PDF format to epub. I scanned in the sheet music. I then edited it with Adobe Acrobat to add titles and comments to some pages. When I convert the pdf book to an epub format, the edited material (title or note) comes out as a separate sheet. I want to keep it on teh sheet where I typed it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

C_K
clover_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
As far as I know, ePub (and other ebook formats) don't support overlaying text over images. You could always edit them into the image file.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you have to edit the file by hand and use the css background property to set the image as a background. There's no way an automatic conversion is going to do that for you.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote