Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #346
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is it just me, or is the B&N website incredibly slow for everyone? I sometimes get a blank page, sometimes a partial page load with HTML code visible. The latest attempt has just given this gem:

Quote:
upstream write/read error

Host: 2.mynook.barnesandnoble.com

Url: https://2.mynook.barnesandnoble.com/index.html
Doesn't look good!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #347
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I just checked and mine is the same as yours, I've got the Two Towers instead of the omnibus. Mine was originally purchased in LIT and Fictionwise converted it to eReader when the LIT version would no longer download back in May of 2011.
Same here. Bought the omnibus at FW; have "The Two Towers" in my Nook library.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #348
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is it just me, or is the B&N website incredibly slow for everyone? I sometimes get a blank page, sometimes a partial page load with HTML code visible. The latest attempt has just given this gem:

Quote:
upstream write/read error

Host: 2.mynook.barnesandnoble.com

Url: https://2.mynook.barnesandnoble.com/index.html
Doesn't look good!
I have been getting that error--every now and then-- since the F/W change over began, just refresh the page, or go back one page and try again.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 12-07-2012 at 12:43 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #349
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

Doesn't look good!
It's been doing that for days now. Don't know if it's the FW transfers causing a big load on their servers or what.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #350
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I need to call B&N. I have two B&N accounts, one has way more books, and of course it's the other one that B&N/Fictionwise want to use for the transfer. =S

Maybe I can talk them into merging them.
You can sign in to another account to use for the transfer.
There is a "sign in" link on the page.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #351
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Ditto.
The link in the email let to the proper page with the transfer code pre-entered, but with the letters in *lowercase* instead of uppercase. It resulted in an error alert box.

Pasting in the uppercase code resulted in a message that the books will be added.

So, it seems the transfer code page is case sensitive: verify the code carefully.

I got my code finally too! 326 transferred over out of 329. Not bad at all.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-07-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #352
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I emailed B&N yesterday and actually received a code today! What's even better is that in a couple of hours 3146 of my books have shown up. If you account for duplicates (when Fictionwise replaced a number of ebooks a few years back) then it looks like the vast majority of my books are at B&N.

Thanks, B&N!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #353
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I emailed B&N yesterday and actually received a code today! What's even better is that in a couple of hours 3146 of my books have shown up. If you account for duplicates (when Fictionwise replaced a number of ebooks a few years back) then it looks like the vast majority of my books are at B&N.

Thanks, B&N!
The fun part is going to be downloading the new formats and backing them up. I think we may have to wait till the server is not acting up. I can't get my books to load but anyone have any luck say using the desktop app instead?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #354
gstew
gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: HTC HD2 & One X
An update... Wednesday, I had 120 items in my B&N bookshelf which included 32 items transferred from EReader/Fictionwise.

Thursday evening, I saw 851 items.

This morning, 870 items.

That leaves me approximately 30 items short, but a quick look through the bookshelf did show some items listed multiple times, so the full number of items that haven't transferred yet is somewhat higher.

Now I'm hoping that those who had problems getting their transfer email are going to receive them soon.

B&N may pull this one off yet!

Greg in Mississippi
gstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #355
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Anyone else seeing more than one copy of a few titles showing up?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #356
gstew
gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.gstew knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: HTC HD2 & One X
Yup, I'm seeing multiples too.

Greg in Mississippi
gstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #357
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

36 out of 326 so far downloaded before it acts up again. This is going to take awhile....but it's nice to have these in epub! Most are Harlequins and the epub has the better formatting but I am still going to miss Fictionwise.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #358
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Is it just me, or is the B&N website incredibly slow for everyone? I sometimes get a blank page, sometimes a partial page load with HTML code visible.
Yes. It took me quite some time to display my library to compare against the FW/eReader lists I printed. I had to keep refreshing and paging through. There is no search function like Manage My Kindle has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Anyone else seeing more than one copy of a few titles showing up?
Yes, but it turns out I bought a few of them multiple times from eReader, as that was before I had Calibre and GoodReads to track what I already had.

Also, several titles are listed in my NOOK library, but have a note saying that they are currently unavailable, or are pre-order with a future release date.

And a lot of the freebies I picked up during those Freebie a Day promos at eReader aren't coming over at all. I've got the ones I wanted backed up in Calibre, but just thought I'd let people know.

Current stats:
FW: 33 on shelf - 96.6% transferred
32 transfered (only failure is 911 Commission freebie)

eReader: 177 books - 85% transferred
16 haven't transferred (all but 2 were promotional freebies)
2 match errors
8 on the won't transfer list (only two I paid for)

Match Errors: Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4) is showing as the entire saga omnibus, rather than the individual title. Secrets of a Perfect Night - I don't own this anthology - it's probably a match error since it includes authors I own, but I'm not sure what book is the mismatch.

Not sure how to notify B&N of the match errors.

I haven't starting downloading - it's clear the server is NOT up for that right now.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #359
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
Lucky you, I'm still waiting on the first email.
I ended up having to phone them to get things going. The CS on this really sucks. (Especially in comparison to Amazon where I received a faulty tablet on Monday and had a replacement in my hands Thursday - should have been Weds but was "out for delivery" for 2 days).
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #360
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to wake up someone at B&N. When DRM-free titles from Fictionwise transfer over, are they still DRM-free?
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote