Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
OK, I see. Do not expect M92 web experience "thrilling". It works on most web pages (some do not work), but it works worse than on tablet or PC. If low eystrain is extremely important for you, as it seem, you have very limited choise... You need e-ink and must accept "what is on the table".

I do not know which 10" e-ink is the best for web. There are 3 (Kindle DX, Pocket BOOK 9xx family) on market I guess, not so difficult to find out the #1 candidate for your needs.

Also it is possible to install evopedia on M92, download a copy of Wikipedia texts (English one has more than 10 GB!) and browse the volume of information human is not able to read all in his whole life span. No need for WiFi and one may browse almost "eternaly".

If you want I may try to measure for how long is M92 able to run on batteries.

Last edited by Mono; 12-05-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #17
Mikeread
Passionate Reader
Mikeread began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi mono,
yes please if you can measure that it would be great
WOW evopedia? it's specific for M92? That's great, it's one of the things that I'd browse for.
e-ink is the best thing for me, I love love love my Kindle Keyboard. The only problem with it is the size, it is not possible to read PDFs on it
I think M92 is twice the screen size??????????
Mike
Mikeread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I do not know the size of Kindle Keyboard. My partner had little Kindle and it was tooooo small for me. I would prefer even something bigger than M92.

The screen of M92 is a bit smaller than half of A4 (sheet of paper), so it is roughly A5 size.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #19
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I do not know the size of Kindle Keyboard. My partner had little Kindle and it was tooooo small for me. I would prefer even something bigger than M92.

The screen of M92 is a bit smaller than half of A4 (sheet of paper), so it is roughly A5 size.
Oh that's a problem, so how would the reading experience be like?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #20
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
See "Videos (14)" which you can find on the digital-readers.de - Onyx Boox M92 - web page (note: the very first video has no sound, the remaining ones do, and the guy describes what he does and shares his experience).
You can also find another videos on youtube.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 12-06-2012 at 03:52 AM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 AM   #21
Mikeread
Passionate Reader

Thanks pepe
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #22
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
If you want see some files on the M92's screen or compare with A4, there is some old comparisons between M92 (firmware 1.6) and PocketBook. I insist, it's a very OLD firmware.
Many tests are done here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157607, there is many videos on Youtube. You can search "jbaach M92" on Google. Jbaach has a blog, the URL is in the forum indicated.

The videos shown in "digital-readers.de - Onyx Boox M92 - web page" are mainly the old videos (firmware 1.6) from Jbaach.

Last edited by Randy11; 12-06-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #23
Mono
Mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeread View Post
Oh that's a problem, so how would the reading experience be like?
It is usable even for scientific A4 papers, but unless you have superior vision, you cannot see the whole page. The already very small letters (in A4 format) would be half size.

In those cases I make it little bit smaller, so that I see more than half page. It depends on size of font used and so on.

For reading books, no problem.

So, I would prefer even bigger screen (to be able to see full A4 page +- comfortably), but there is not such device.

Do not take it pessimistically. You may read 2 collumn scientific papers quite well, but in most cases you cannot see the whole page (of course, you may see it, but letters are too small).

In new firmware there is special mode for reading multi-collumn texts. It is not in those videos mentioned above. It is similar to PocketBook paper mode shown in one of the videos.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #24
ljubavracar
ljubavracar began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
I fully agree with Mono. Just buy M92 and enjoy!!
ljubavracar is offline   Reply With Quote