Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
Raedwulf
Raedwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Howdy from Calgary!

Hi All!,
My wife and I gifted ourselves some PRS600 Readers for each other for our 10th Anniversary.
My wife spends a bit more time reading forums and she really likes this one; I'm not sure if she's posted her intro yet.
Hopefully from what we learn here, we'll eventually be replacing all of the book shelves that currently line the walls in the basement with one or two SD cards... which is not very likely, nothing beats being able to enjoy the artwork on the front of a Patrick O'Brian novel
Raedwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Howdy Raedwulf!

Will you be going to the Grey Cup game this year?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	howdy-01.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	37892 Raedwulf, and welcome to Mobileread.

Just welcomed your wife on her thread.

You both have Sony Readers, you both joined MR . . . aahhhh, togetherness.

Glad you're both here.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Raedwulf and welcome to MobileRead. Agree with you about Patrick O'brien
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Raedwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Will you be going to the Grey Cup game this year?
Though I am a season ticket holder, have playoff tickets, I've decided to give up my three tickets for the BIG show. There will be another Grey Cup in a few years, by then my kids will be older and I'll actually be able to stay for the full game. Irritating when the kids want to leave half way into a game right now
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
vadim_k
vadim_k began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello!
I am from Ukraine. I like this program, but i dont understande, how can i search any records in ebook database for date registration > september 2009 or other date conditions.
Can you help me?
vadim_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR, Raedwulf!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raedwulf View Post
Though I am a season ticket holder, have playoff tickets, I've decided to give up my three tickets for the BIG show. There will be another Grey Cup in a few years, by then my kids will be older and I'll actually be able to stay for the full game. Irritating when the kids want to leave half way into a game right now
Yes, an outdoor game played at night in the prairies can seem pretty cold and difficult for young kids.

I'm jealous that you have season tickets to the Stamps. Years ago I had season tickets to the Philadelphia Stars of the USFL. That was a lot of fun.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #9
Raedwulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Yes, an outdoor game played at night in the prairies can seem pretty cold and difficult for young kids.

I'm jealous that you have season tickets to the Stamps. Years ago I had season tickets to the Philadelphia Stars of the USFL. That was a lot of fun.
As my ols Sargeant Major used to say,"It will teach you tolerance" (Of course he told us a bit louder)

Season tickets used to be a bit more affordable when I first got started, 10 games for just over $100can (about $60US, for a WHOLE SEASON, bet a single NFL game would be that much)
Seasons tickets are somewhat affordable at $300. It would cost me that much for my seats to the Grey Cup
Old 10-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim_k View Post
Hello!
I am from Ukraine. I like this program, but i dont understande, how can i search any records in ebook database for date registration > september 2009 or other date conditions.
Can you help me?
Welcome to MobileRead, vadim_k.

All books here are in public domain. Their copyrights have expired. You will find no current best sellers.

You can search by author, title, or genre. Please post the title of the book you want in a separate thread, and we may be able to answer your question better. (try "reading recommendations)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
shopman
Shopman
shopman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Hi Raedwulf. I am from Calgary and just joined today, too. This looks like a good online community. I am sure we'll enjoy it.

Shopman.
shopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #12
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raedwulf View Post
Seasons tickets are somewhat affordable at $300. It would cost me that much for my seats to the Grey Cup
I've been to four Grey Cup games - '78, '79, '85 and '96. As I recall my ticket in '96 cost $100, so it looks like the price has not risen in 13 years!