Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Help with backup library please?

I copied my entire Calibre Folder to a usb drice for backup. How do I get Calibre to see the second library so I can send or remove books from either? Under Switch/create Library none of the 3 options seem quite right. And Do I need to give the USB Folder a new name other than "Calibre Library"?
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I copied my entire Calibre Folder to a usb drice for backup. How do I get Calibre to see the second library so I can send or remove books from either? Under Switch/create Library none of the 3 options seem quite right. And Do I need to give the USB Folder a new name other than "Calibre Library"?
Create/switch
The first time: you will have to 'browse' to the path of the USB drive.

To avoid confusion, I suggest you rename (using the OS file explorer) the USB Calibre Library folder BEFORE you set the alternate Library name (it can also be done afterwards using Library rename)
My USB backup is named YellowLib (the color of the Thumb drive )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you.

That seems to have worked. I now have a folder called USB books and can switch between them. The folder currently in use shows at the top of the screen and the folder not currently in use shows when I click the library icon. I was a little confused when both folders don't show when clicking the library icon but only the one not currently being used. I expected to see both listed.

New question. How do I sync the folders if I add a book to one library and I also want to add it to the other?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
That seems to have worked. I now have a folder called USB books and can switch between them. The folder currently in use shows at the top of the screen and the folder not currently in use shows when I click the library icon. I was a little confused when both folders don't show when clicking the library icon but only the one not currently being used. I expected to see both listed.

New question. How do I sync the folders if I add a book to one library and I also want to add it to the other?
Select books to replicate:
Right click: Copy to Library (be sure it is attached )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
crossi
Guru

Thanks again. You have been very helpful.
Advert