Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #1
adamtang
adamtang began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question Buy Kindle book overseas

Hi,
Just ordered a kindle for my son for birthday present, but he is going to go to Japan for 3 years study. Does anyone tell me whether he can buy kindle books from Amazon and download them from Japan?

Thanks for answer

Adam
adamtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtang View Post
Hi,
Just ordered a kindle for my son for birthday present, but he is going to go to Japan for 3 years study. Does anyone tell me whether he can buy kindle books from Amazon and download them from Japan?

Thanks for answer

Adam
Download direct to his Kindle? No. But he can download the ebook to a computer, and then transferr the ebook over a USB cable.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Download direct to his Kindle? No. But he can download the ebook to a computer, and then transferr the ebook over a USB cable.
As long as he (or you, on his behalf) maintains a US account and credit card.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote