Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Error 006 on updating jailbroken 5.1.2 kindle touch to 5.3.2

I removed all extensions and hacks except the jailbreak. I then downloaded and tried to update. The update screen came and at the bottom right there was written 1/1 . And then after about two minutes a box popped up. On it was written something like: Error 006 press home button to revert back to 5.1.2. Pls help!
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Just use KUBRICK and flatten it dude.

Job done
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks twobob! I will try using kubrick.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

Darn! I checked the kubrick page and it says it can install only upto 5.1.2 firmware on kt. Now should I use the simple debricking method instead?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
You use kubrick to revert back to 5.1.2 with the jailbreak installed. Then you install the latest Firmware, then install which ever patches you use.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
^-- That.

Thanks Alan
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #7
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

@alan I already have jailbreaked 5.1.2 .I have uninstalled almost all patches . Is there anyway to know what patches/packages/installations are still there?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #8
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

I know I am asking too much but a guide maybe?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The point of Kubrick is you start out with a clean install. Your dont need to scramble around looking for what you have missed.

In the time you have taken in this thread you could have used Kubrick. I've used it and its a painless option.

I cant praise the great people on here enough for the great tools they develope.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever

My bad! Thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #11
alanHd
Addict

It's ok.

Hope you dont think i was being abrupt, i'm not the worlds best writer. thoughts get jumbled when i try put them down.

If your anything like me you want to know "why" it wont update. Save the stress.

Sometimes the easiest option is the best, in this case Kubrick., I've been there.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #12
hackeron
hackeron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Did kubrick work for you?

EDIT: Just tried Kubrick, it worked like magic!

Last edited by hackeron; 05-05-2013 at 05:25 AM.
hackeron is offline   Reply With Quote