Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
mark_e_h
Connoisseur
mark_e_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/IpadMini
sync 2 copies of Calibre?

I have a copy of Calibre on my desktop pc, and on my laptop.

Any easy way of keeping the two copies in sync?

thnx,

mark_e_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_e_h View Post
I have a copy of Calibre on my desktop pc, and on my laptop.

Any easy way of keeping the two copies in sync?

thnx,

I use dropbox for that. I have my Calibre library in my Dropbox folder. They all sync fine.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
One way that is commonly used is to keep your Calibre library in Dropbox (assuming it fits within the space constraint of a free Dropbox account).

Note that if you go down this route it is important that you do not have Calibre running on both machines as Calibre does not (yet anyway) allow for multiple copies of Calibre to access the same database at the same time in a safe manner.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
I tend to use a portable version of calibre for that, just carry it with me on a portable hard drive.
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote