Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Highlighting takes ages to save

Hi,
I am quite happy with my Sony PRS-650 apart from the following: When I start my ereader, start reading (can be even for a while) and do the first highlighting, then it takes ages to save the highlight. The ereader seems to freeze during this time (in the worst cases it seems like it lasts 1 or 1 and a half minutes). After doing the first highlight, the next ones work as normal (pretty fast). Is this normal? Should I return the device?
Thanks,
Diddy
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy View Post
Hi,
I am quite happy with my Sony PRS-650 apart from the following: When I start my ereader, start reading (can be even for a while) and do the first highlighting, then it takes ages to save the highlight. The ereader seems to freeze during this time (in the worst cases it seems like it lasts 1 or 1 and a half minutes). After doing the first highlight, the next ones work as normal (pretty fast). Is this normal? Should I return the device?
Thanks,
Diddy
In your other highlight related question you mentioned highlighting 'sections'.

I haven't had any trouble with the kind of delay you are describing, but I am only highlighting a sentence or two, at maybe a few dozen places in a typical book.

The only real significant delay that I have noticed is that it can take about a half minute sometimes to delete notes.

If you are highlighting large sections of text, and have a really HUGE note file, the reader may have to free up memory before starting, so that could explain things.

If you can give a little more information about the kind of books you are highlighting, and the size and number of passages, then it would be a little easier to see if others are also seeing the same delay under similar conditions.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Many thanks for your reply! I have about 7 ebooks on my ereader, mostly epub. The book I am currently reading is about 600 pages (epub). I highlight quite a lot, sometimes one or two sentences, sometimes a whole paragraph. I would say on average I definitely highlight something every 2 pages.
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote