Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
boe0485
boe0485 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
7.30 & 7.31 not transferring to Nook

I upgraded to 7.30 and started having problems. When I plugged in my Nook it show up in Calibre just fine however when I tried to transfer a book it said there was no device attached. I also noticed that the Calibre server was not running and would not start. I upgraded to 7.31 and the same conditions existed. I uninstalled 7.31, rebooted my system and installed 7.29 and everything works fine. I can transfer books and my Calibre server is running.
boe0485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
both those activities work for me with windows, so if you want them debugged I'll need more information.

Run calibre from a command prompt as

calibre-debug -g

and post any output you see when starting the content server, sending a book to the nook.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
boe0485
boe0485 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I reinstalled 7.31 and now everything is working fine. The server is running and I can transfer book to my Nook. Thanks.
boe0485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Glad to hear it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote