Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #1
memortj
memortj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Connection Problem with PRS-T1

Hi friends,
I installed hacked version for my eBook as it was instructed. But once I detected that USB connection is not working, there was no link to connect PC to eBook. Than I made a big mistake and tried to delete some system files( I think the hacked ones) from inside of my eBook by root explorer. After that I can not shut down my eBook not connect to my PC. When pushing the power button it just goes to sleep mode. Resetting didn't help. Anyone has an idea how to solve the problem? Is it possible to run my eBook from external SD card?
Thanks from now.
memortj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
memortj
memortj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by memortj View Post
Hi friends,
I installed hacked version for my eBook as it was instructed. But once I detected that USB connection is not working, there was no link to connect PC to eBook. Than I made a big mistake and tried to delete some system files( I think the hacked ones) from inside of my eBook by root explorer. After that I can not shut down my eBook not connect to my PC. When pushing the power button it just goes to sleep mode. Resetting didn't help. Anyone has an idea how to solve the problem? Is it possible to run my eBook from external SD card?
Thanks from now.
I found the solution from : http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Ft%3D21458

If your reader does not start up properly any more or is irresponsive and completey stuck, this is, what you can try.
It will take a micro-SD card and access to it from your computer.

* Connect the reader to an external charger.
* Download this zip-file. Unpack the archive on the microSD. (Press "Extract here"..don't use "Extract Files"; I also deleted the original archive). In the card appears the folder "OS Firmware".
* Insert the card into the sony reader.
* If the reader is caught in a boot-loop, press reset, otherwise just start.
* Press and hold the two buttons - HOME and MENU. This will start the update procedure. Wait until the picture "Opening book" on the display has stabilized (about 20 seconds). It will seem as if the reader has frozen, but don't panic. You'll see constant blinking of the orange light (within the power button).
* Release the buttons and wait for about 15 minutes.
* If the reader does not restart after 10-15 minutes, press reset.
memortj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connection, prs-t1, sd card