Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-15-2022, 12:38 PM   #1
Jacques Q.
Connoisseur
Jacques Q. began at the beginning.

Device: quite a few Kindles...
"Parsing manglecase.css" lasting forever

Hello. I am converting 2 EPubs to Mobi, one of which (with both EPubs themselves being close to unereadable, about 1/4 of each page only appearing onscreen at any given point) having resisted all previous attempts with earlier Calibre versions. This time I got no message saying they couldn't be converted, but they both have been at a "parsing manglecase.css" stage for close to 48 hours. How long should I consider that Calibre is actually still doing something and not stop the process ?... Thanks in advance.
Jacques Q. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:53 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Out of curiosity, have you tried opening them in calibre's editor and run at least it's built-in checker? Preferably you would also add the epubcheck plugin for the editor and use that as well. Garbage in, garbage out definitely applies to ebook conversions.

However from your comments, I would tend to suspect that you are attempting to convert a fixed layout epub to mobi which is not going to work. Again, using calibre's editor to open the epub and check in the content.opf (found it under the Miscellaneous heading) to see if it has lines such as:

<meta property="rendition:layout">pre-paginated</meta>
or
<meta name="fixed-layout" content="true"/>
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert