Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #16
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Chess would be one game I'd consider. But I'm chicken, so I'll wait for some others to test things out.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:22 PM   #17
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
But I'm chicken, so I'll wait for some others to test things out.
Except from having to let iRex install the shell-patch on your device there should be no danger in trying this package since it does not install any additional software. It seems to work for me.
Of course - don't quote me on that :-)
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #18
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageReader
Chess would be one game I'd consider. But I'm chicken, so I'll wait for some others to test things out.
Works great for me as well. The only problem is that you can't quit... -- literally I mean. I had to shut down the iLiad to get out. So not really something for the commuters, but if you plan to finish a game it works great.
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #19
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
Well... Its a wiki so it would be handy if the mainteners of each package updated them...
I noticed that I have write permission as well. Does the direct links work for anyone? If not, I can remove them and also add a short how-to for beginners.
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #20
design256
Connoisseur
design256 doesn't litterdesign256 doesn't litter

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
Works great for me as well. The only problem is that you can't quit... -- literally I mean. I had to shut down the iLiad to get out. So not really something for the commuters, but if you plan to finish a game it works great.
Here's version 0.3. The menus work a bit better than they did in v0.2 so you can now quit if you are careful. As the Iliad is very slow at updating its display, I have put three Exit tabs at the top of the File menu. This way you stand a good chance of hitting one of them Double clicking on the menus also seems to make them appear more consistently.

I've also set it to run with a bigger board size so it makes better use of the Iliad's display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chess1.png
Views:	466
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	2242   Click image for larger version

Name:	chess2.png
Views:	520
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	2243  
Attached Files
File Type: zip gnuchess_iliad_0.3.zip (701.9 KB, 449 views)

Last edited by design256; 11-21-2006 at 07:55 PM.
design256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2006, 03:57 AM   #21
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Gnu Chess v 0.3

Thanks,

There seems a little improvement.

Eventually, I succeeded in exiting the program without reset of the device.

Please turn off the blinking LED (Scotty knows how).
Or turn it off after the iLiads "thought process"

Could you shift the board to the right a little bit.
It seems that my display is slanted a little, and the upper left corner is a little under the edge.

There is enough space to the right.

Thanks for the work you did already!

Last edited by henkvdg; 11-22-2006 at 04:01 AM.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:45 AM   #22
design256
Connoisseur
design256 doesn't litterdesign256 doesn't litter

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg
Thanks,

There seems a little improvement.

Eventually, I succeeded in exiting the program without reset of the device.

Please turn off the blinking LED (Scotty knows how).
Or turn it off after the iLiads "thought process"

Could you shift the board to the right a little bit.
It seems that my display is slanted a little, and the upper left corner is a little under the edge.

There is enough space to the right.

Thanks for the work you did already!
Here is version 0.4:

- board is now centred horizontally

- blinking LED is turned off

- There is now a Quit button (labelled Q ) in the button bar. You still have to jab it several times to get it to notice you, but it's not as hard work as the menus were.

I'd love to get some of the simple IPC stuff working so I could respond to the Iliad's buttons, but the documentation in the SDK is really sparse and the only example I have is IPDF written in C++.

BTW, I have uploaded all my working sources to my FTP area on MobileRead. I will try to keep this current - feel free to browse.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gnuchess_iliad_0.4.zip (702.2 KB, 708 views)
design256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:59 AM   #23
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
Very happy with this game, I must say - however, even with the improved version, I cannot get a single menu to come up. Also, while the whole board size has been increased, the menu bar is just as tiny as before and kinda hard to use, seeing as it comes up right to the edge of the Iliad's screen.

As for exiting - as long as I put the stylus into its slot when I'm done, I have no problems exiting to any other book or application.
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:28 AM   #24
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
design256, thanks for the update.
The Q-button works very well, yamp - no rebooting anymore.
Thanks for the sources, too. I will have a look later this day.

When you start Gnu Chess, all squares have the same grey colour, press the UP-Key once, then they transform in b&w squares.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 AM   #25
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by design256
BTW, I have uploaded all my working sources to my FTP area on MobileRead. I will try to keep this current - feel free to browse.
Cool...! Any chance of uploading a tar ball (or even just a zip) file so its easier to download...?
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #26
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
Cool...! Any chance of uploading a tar ball (or even just a zip) file so its easier to download...?
Yes, this would be more handy.
design256's folder is here.
Nearly got it [DL manager helps]: 214 files ...

Last edited by yokos; 11-22-2006 at 10:06 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:35 AM   #27
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
Or even

Code:
wget -r --no-parent -R "index.html*"  http://projects.mobileread.com/iliad/users/design256/gnuchess-5.07/
142 files...?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #28
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
I went ahead and gzipped the files for you.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #29
jęd
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
I went ahead and gzipped the files for you.
Thanks...!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #30
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
Quote:
Originally Posted by design256
Here is version 0.4:
- board is now centred horizontally
- blinking LED is turned off
- There is now a Quit button
Thanks for the continuing upgrades, design256; I've already played more chess in the last three days than in the last three years ...
but I'm still not getting any menus! (everybody else seems to be getting them, so I wonder what it could be...)

Tapping on the menu bar works, but all I get in return are white rectangles of varying size.

What the heck?
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote