Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Library Question

This may be the wrong place for this but I just cleaned up my library, I seem to have had about 5 copies of every title, First of all why did it do that and secondly how do I keep it from doing it in the future? It almost seems like everytime I plugged a reader in the sync imported the books off the reader again, I have had up to 4 readers on that account.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

As to why it happened, possibly you have the Sync function activated. Or perhaps the Sony Reader Library is redownloading the books from the Sony Store. I had that happen a long time ago. I wound up having to delete the application completely and reinstalling it. But hopefully it is just a Sync activated issue.

Probably best to turn OFF the sync function. I've heard a lot of bad issues using Sync and no good reports from using it. You can easily manage the books on your reader(s) without Sync. Just drag and drop whatever book(s) you want to the reader and then into the Collection(s) in which you want them. Right-click on a book to delete it either from a collection or from the entire reader.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-09-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Advert