Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
system files, user fonts in rtf, restarting required for SD card?

Apologies if this has already been answered - I could't find anything myself.

I just got a Hanlin V3, and I'm running the latest BeBook firmware (of 25th Feb.) - and right now I'm figuring out which file formats work best for me, so I have a few questions.

1. In the file list on the device, the first files are all what looks like a type of system file, they all start with dot-underscore. How do I 'make them go away'? And why do they show up at all? Are they supposed to?

2. I've put my own fonts in a 'fonts' folder on an SD card and that seems to work (at least for mobi). Am I right that it does not work when putting the fonts folder in the internal memory? (I tried and it didn't but I'm asking just in case)

3. I rather like the RTF format, but for some reason it displays in the standard font, not the font I have set from among those in the 'fonts' folder. It works for mobi (and txt and a few others I think). I assumed it would also work for RTF, but apparently not. Is this correct behaviour?

4. When I have pulled out the SD card (the reader is turned on), and put in in again while the reader is still turned on, I only get a 'recent files' folder and I have to restart the device to get the full list of files. It seems like an error to me?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
iterati
Zealot
iterati doesn't litteriterati doesn't litter

Device: Hanlin V3, RCA REB1100, iPaq 214
1) I suspect you use mac and it adds the extra files, there are tools around to clean them from the sd card.

2) Yes, fonts, crengine and dict directories must be in SD card not the internal memory.

3) Assuming that CoolReader handles rtf files, read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41712 and download http://downloads.sourceforge.net/cre...0090311.tar.gz
From there you have the option to modify the .css files according to your wants.

4) Strange, after you put it on it should detect it and display the contents of the SD card again and not the internal memory (for that it shows the internal memory contents and because no files exist it displays only the special "recent"). I suppose it's the BeBook firmware (kind of beta the one you use).

Finally, if you want certain folders hidden then simply mark these as "hidden". Folders like fonts, crengine, dict etc

iterati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1 ) Yes, I'm on a Mac. Should have mentioned it Now I remember reading about it once. I found an app that removes hidden files and eject the card/device in one go:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/27416/hidden-cleaner
And some help:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33625

2) + 3) Not sure what I am doing wrong, but selecting my own fonts doesn't seem to be working. What I thought was working for MOBI, was just that the default font was serif and RTF displays in sans serif.

I've added a folder called 'fonts' at the root of the SD card and added font files (as per instruction on the Jinke site - adding the full family etc.) I'm also able to change font in the settings on the device, but the changes isn't reflected when I open a RTF file (I've tried several files and from different sources).

For now, I'm content with the standard display of mobi files, so I don't feel a great need to fix this at the moment - though of course it's nice to find out why. I have been thinking about trying OpenInkpot - sounds as if RTF is displayed beteher there than on the standard firmware.

4) I downloaded Jan. firmware form Jinke - it might have helped. It actually did display the contents of the SD card - except it apparently couldn't detect any content. After experimenting a bit, I can see that if I take out the card when the reader is turned on, and add files, and then put it back, the reader stays in display SD card content mode, but displays an empty list. This happened 2 times in 10 and not at all when I either deleted files or changed nothing. I think I can live with it

I'll remember the tip about hiding folders.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
When you remove the SD card, are you switching to the internal memory first? If not, try it.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
When you remove the SD card, are you switching to the internal memory first? If not, try it.
Good idea. I'll try to do that for a while.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Good idea. I'll try to do that for a while.
I have Jan 20 Hanlin build on my EZ Reader. I usually have the unit off (keyboard locked mode) when I remove the card. Plugging in a new card automatically turns the unit back on for me.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #7
rafel2005j
rafel2005j began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Possible solution

Probe this:

3) The archive fb2.css save as fb2.css and rtf.css and htm.css and copy all together

2) There are firmwares that the fonts work in the SD and another firmwares that work on the internal memory

This information are in the Spanish's:

http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...t=666&start=30

(Apologize for my little english)

I wish you can do.

Regards of

José Javier

rafel2005j is offline   Reply With Quote