Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
nojean
nojean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505R
Newbie, and duplicating books on the reader and SD card

I just got the PRS-505 and as soon as I plug my reader to my desktop it starts to install all of my books, with eBook Library (ver. 2.5.00.09170) to both both the reader and the SD card. Then I get an error I have no more room when my SD card is 16Gb.

How do I stop the automatic synchronisation between my Library and my Reader?
nojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
I think you need to have the reader connected before you'll be able to see the "Sync" settings, as they're associated with/under the reader icon. If so, then it should just be a matter of clearing the checkboxes?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
nojean
nojean began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505R
Smile All check marks have been cleared

I have cleared the check marks and still it synch to both reader and SD. Somewhere on this forum I read that you can stop synch, is that the only way by unchecking the boxes.

eLibrary that came with the unit is not the best, can you suggest another program to handle my Library.

Thanks a lot.
nojean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojean View Post
eLibrary that came with the unit is not the best, can you suggest another program to handle my Library.
You can check Calibre :
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Calibre

It is, I believe, widely used and appreciated by Sony users on this forum.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
You might just take the SD out, hook up, fix the settings, and then start over. I don't have a 505 so I can't proceduralize this idea.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
jimbob101
Connoisseur
jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jimbob101 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle App Android, Kindle PW2, Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by nojean View Post
I have cleared the check marks and still it synch to both reader and SD. Somewhere on this forum I read that you can stop synch, is that the only way by unchecking the boxes.

Thanks a lot.
I got a Sony PRS-505 for Xmas (Only just out here in ireland) and what i discovered about the sync is that it automatically syncs the computer library with the reader internal memory only.

When i copied a large collection of books that i had transferred with calibre onto the SD card in the reader into the library with the sync active it automatically strarted transferring the books to the reader main memory until it was full.

I just don't bother with the connect software anymore and use calibre for all my book work.

Jim

Last edited by jimbob101; 01-14-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Typo and unclear description Sorry :-(
jimbob101 is offline   Reply With Quote