Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
manbass
Enthusiast
manbass began at the beginning.

Device: Full EE - Ice Blue and a Pocket Edge
Journal Sync with Onenote - not Edgesync

Edgesync hasnt been updated or useable for 6 months and appears abandoned by the developer (LutzS).

Any users here have an app or program they use to load Journals into MS Onenote for Handwriting recognition?

I do load my journals manualy as pdf's but they are images and not able to be saved as "stroke" data for conversion...edgesync did that at one time but later versions have failed and I cannot go back.

Let me know what you all may have tried.
manbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Plus
What problem do you have with edgesync?? I used it recently an works fine
fgruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
manbass
Enthusiast

The bold italic error below is being experienced by many users and reported in the "Issue Tracking" portion of the edgesync website since May with no reply by LutzS. The transfer of files isnt happening in Onenote using Edgesync v 0.5.2 (latest).

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\edgesync.log' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.File.AppendText(String path)
at ESJImporter.ESJImporterForm.log(String message)
at ESJImporter.ESJImporterForm.ESJImporterForm_Load(O bject sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EdgeSync
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/3x/EdgeSync/EdgeSync.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote
Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.0.4763.1000
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote/12.0.0.0__71e9bce111e9429c/Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
z-eocn6r
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml.Linq
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by manbass; 11-04-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
fgruber
Academic
fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgruber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

SO you get this when you connect the edge to your computer and open edgesync? So you don't even get a listing of the journals? Or do you get the listing but when you try to import a specific journal to a specific notebook of onente it crashes?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
manbass
Enthusiast

The latter, I get Journal listings and the pairing/sync window and tools but no transfer occurs on any command.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
fgruber
Academic

Are you using Onenote 2010?

If you do you need to convert the notebook where you want to import the journal to 2007 first or it will give error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbass View Post
The latter, I get Journal listings and the pairing/sync window and tools but no transfer occurs on any command.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
manbass
Enthusiast

Yes 2010 I am...lemme try that and hitchu back.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
manbass
Enthusiast

Well.... saved the Onenote book to 2007 and re-paired a particular ESJ file, got the stalled progress bar when a sync was attempted....so not working as a 2007 Onenote either.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
manbass
Enthusiast

ttt...anyone using onenote with journal and having the handwriting OCR'd successfully?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
fgruber
Academic

so you were able to sync after all? Yes the OCR work on onenote after sync. You just have to select the text and right click and choose treat as handwriting
Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
manbass
Enthusiast

No...read my post #8.

Just for excruciating clarity, I NEED an OCR program to work with journals or the Edge is just another repeat tech gadget I dont have use for.

I purchased this unit for the sole purpose of taking handwritten work notes and converting them to expedite digital access to work information.

I am willing to pay for a reliable program.

Last edited by manbass; 11-29-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #12
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
manbass - were you ever able to get this to work successfully? Your post got me intrigued so I loaded up edgesync on a laptop running Windows 7 ultimate x64. At first I experienced everything you did (the system.io.ioexception followed by and exception error when attempting to sync).

For the first error, I read somewhere that the previous version (0.5.1) did not have the error. I replaced my 0.5.2 install with 0.5.1 and that error did indeed go away.

The second error (and exception when trying to sync) seems to be an app error in the XML, but did not prevent the journal pages from syncing.

The last problem I had was that the pages, once loaded, were simply not converting to text. At first I thought this was an edgesync issue, but it would not even convert my handwriting on my laptop to text either. I have not really used OneNote much and had never thought to try that feature before. It turns out that I needed to go to my control panel/programs and enable the windows "tablet support." One reboot later and resync later I finally had handwritten notes converting to text.

I found OneNote a little picky about the size of the writing - if I was too big or too small it would not convert it. Edgesync, however, has a nice feature (in preferences) to change size of your pages when importing into OneNote - that helped.

I hope you can get OCR capability working!
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
manbass
Enthusiast

relaced with 0.5.1 and still wont sync with onenote. Are there any other ocr alternatives for the edge....anyone?