Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
When I visited Astak I was told that the 5" sample was at Fictionwise and they were using it to port the eReader application. eReader already runs on lots of different platforms including Windows Mobile and Macs. Hopefully I will get a look at a 5" sometime this month.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #32
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
This may change the subject a little--I need to apologize for that--and although I would want eReader myself, still I'm curious about the Mobipocket version. I read through the long thread about the Astak but I couldn't figure out which version of Mobipocket the LiteBook will have: will it be the old PDA version or the new, Kindle compatible version. Has anyone else seen a hint about what the LiteBooks will do?
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #33
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
This may change the subject a little--I need to apologize for that--and although I would want eReader myself, still I'm curious about the Mobipocket version. I read through the long thread about the Astak but I couldn't figure out which version of Mobipocket the LiteBook will have: will it be the old PDA version or the new, Kindle compatible version. Has anyone else seen a hint about what the LiteBooks will do?
It is likely to be similar to the one on Cybook although they may have customized theirs a bit. Java based likely. Kindle can read Mobi files but there is not a specific Mobi version that is especially Kindle compatible.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote