Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Simple Touch Comparisons with a Kindle

I have recently bought a second ereader to go with my basic kindle, a simple touch. Now I am comparing the two readers and looking at the various differences between the two. I would like to see what forum members who have a kindle and a simple touch think about the differences between the two. I don't think one is better than the other, I think both have advantages and problems. Below is what I find the differences to be and I am grousing about both.

The simple touch's controls are very sensitive contributing to my loosing my place by a random bump somewhere. The Kindle's controls by comparison I need to really mash them by comparison to the simple touch. I can see benefits and problems with both approaches, I loose my place a lot with the simple touch however the kindle is a bit problematic since i need to exert a bit of pressure to change the pages.

I think that B&N has put a lot of thought into the interface and has made it a lot more elaborate then amazon has. While I think that the simple touch's interface is excellent I think that Amazon's interface is a bit simpler and perhaps a bit easier to understand and work with then the simple touch is.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I have the exact same response - I sometimes lose my place on my NST but it's more comfortable or easy or intuitive or something to turn the pages on the K4. On the other hand, as I'm reading I get very used to pushing the button to turn the pages on the K4, so that isn't such a big deal, and I only occasionally lose my spot with the NST. Also, I think my cover is touching the screen and that's what's doing it, so I'm trying to keep the cover open until the dead authors come up again to see if that helps.

I like the both and am glad I have both as I can easily use both stores, and my husband and I can each use one. I'm not sure which I'd choose. I think the Amazon store is a bit easier to use - at least on an iPad - so I might choose the Kindle based on that. (I got the NST - my first ereader - as a gift.)
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert