Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Reader App for Apple Devices

There has been an Android Reader app for years, but I am sure some of you will be happy to hear that an Apple Reader app is reported to be available now. The following is from an e-mail I received from Sony:

Dear Reader,

Announcing a new service update, we’ve launched Reader™ for your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® available now in the App Store!

The free Reader app offers an easy, convenient and entertaining digital reading experience. The new app design is ideal for readers on the move. You’ll enjoy the following features:

— A natural, book-like reading experience
— Intuitive navigation making use of the app as easy as the turn of a page
— Access to your Reader library to read new purchases and old favorites
— Personalized collections and library organization
— Adjustable font size and contrast to customize your reading preferences
— Create and edit bookmarks as you read
— A choice between Day and Night reading modes

Customers who download the app will also receive an exclusive short story from the New York Times-bestselling and celebrated urban fantasy author, Kim Harrison. Kim is a Reader Store favorite for her action-packed and edgy page-turners. This Reader app-only special titled “Trouble on Reserve” is an installment of her most popular Hollows series that’s sold over 2 million copies.

Reader for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is available now from the Apple App Store.

Read anywhere. Start now.

Sincerely,
Reader Store Team
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
Reader for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is available now from the Apple App Store.
Only the US app store...

Quote:
Unless you're outside the US, in which case you're out of luck.

Bah, humbug :-)

Seriously, I wonder if the app syncs reading positions from the PRS-T1/T2 or from the Mac Reader app?

Chris
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
dleach
dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony
I downloaded it, but when it asks for my Adobe ID and password it doesn't work although I can sign into my Adobe account on my Mac.

Quote:
There has been an Android Reader app for years, but I am sure some of you will be happy to hear that an Apple Reader app is reported to be available now. The following is from an e-mail I received from Sony:

Dear Reader,

Announcing a new service update, we’ve launched Reader™ for your iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch® available now in the App Store!

The free Reader app offers an easy, convenient and entertaining digital reading experience. The new app design is ideal for readers on the move. You’ll enjoy the following features:

— A natural, book-like reading experience
— Intuitive navigation making use of the app as easy as the turn of a page
— Access to your Reader library to read new purchases and old favorites
— Personalized collections and library organization
— Adjustable font size and contrast to customize your reading preferences
— Create and edit bookmarks as you read
— A choice between Day and Night reading modes

Customers who download the app will also receive an exclusive short story from the New York Times-bestselling and celebrated urban fantasy author, Kim Harrison. Kim is a Reader Store favorite for her action-packed and edgy page-turners. This Reader app-only special titled “Trouble on Reserve” is an installment of her most popular Hollows series that’s sold over 2 million copies.

Sincerely,
Reader Store Team
dleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
dleach
dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.dleach knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony
I downloaded it from the Canadian store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Only the US app store...

Unless you're outside the US, in which case you're out of luck.

Bah, humbug :-)

Seriously, I wonder if the app syncs reading positions from the PRS-T1/T2 or from the Mac Reader app?

Chris
dleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Wow! It's long overdue!!! According to CNET it's powered by Bluefire.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

45 fonts

Impressive app, as far as text formatting goes! I was able to log in to both Adobe and the Sony Store. Downloaded one of my books and wow. There are 45 fonts to choose from and a lot of formatting options! Finally Sony created a decent app format-wise.

EDIT: Definitely lacks a lot of basic, key features.

Last edited by jswinden; 11-06-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #7
sumguy
Connoisseur
sumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheesesumguy can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Doesn't seem to support syncing bookmarks, highlights, or last page read, even with purchased content. Also, quitting the app causes my phone to crash and reboot. Have read others complaining about this too. Lame.

Last edited by sumguy; 11-06-2012 at 07:02 AM.
sumguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
So it doesn't sync with the T1 or T2? My reader doesn't have wireless anyway, but I was wondering about this.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote