Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
kidblue
Connoisseur
kidblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Browser Refresh Shortcut - Kindle 3

Hitting "Alt + R" on my Kindle 3 doesn't refresh a web page. Shouldn't it?
Thanks,
N.
kidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
nickinev
Enthusiast
nickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 1, K4, and Kindle Fire
Alt+G should refresh your screen.
nickinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #3
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Is there a shortcut to launch the browser other than using the @ command ?
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle67 View Post
Not that I know of but I've just done a blog post outlining the fastest methods for getting to the web on your Kindle which may be of interest:

http://www.kinworm.com/2010/10/faste...on-kindle.html

Last edited by TheKindleWorm; 01-17-2011 at 01:40 PM.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Thanks TheKindleWorm, Still multiple presses then, I hope in a future FW they will add a shortcut option.

Last edited by gargoyle67; 10-12-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
TheKindleWorm, thanks for the shortcuts!
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Just start typing the web address you want to got to.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Not that I know of but I've just done a blog post outlining the fastest methods for getting to the web on your Kindle which may be of interest:

http://www.thekindleworm.com/2010/10...on-kindle.html
Been to your blog above - okay, how does one create a document with active url links? I have a "personal webpage" I've created for my Blackberry with my favorite links. Copied that html file to the k3's document folder but obviously the k3 does not recognize html files???

Thanks if you are willing to share this secret prior to updating or next blog entry.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Been to your blog above - okay, how does one create a document with active url links? I have a "personal webpage" I've created for my Blackberry with my favorite links. Copied that html file to the k3's document folder but obviously the k3 does not recognize html files???
You can email html files to your Kindle email address - your Kindle will not recognise html files if you just copy them on to your Kindle. You can access your Kindle email address at the Manage Your Kindle page in the Kindle store at Amazon.

I always use Mobipocket Creator to convert html documents to .mobi files and then I transfer these to my kindle. Mobipocket Creator is free software.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #10
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Originally Posted by daffy4u:
Just start typing the web address you want to got to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
he, easy simple solution
Yes providing you know the address

You also need to click the 5-way controller 6 times to access the Go To link which will take you directly to the exact website you want. EDIT myself - tell a lie, you can simply keep holding down the right arrow on the 5-way controller to get to the last entry you need which is Go To.

Sorry I'm obviously going click batty this evening!

Interestingly it's only 5 actual clicks to get on the web using the Menu method - and then type in the website you want.

For people who suffer from any hand problems like myself, less clicks can be a good thing.

Last edited by TheKindleWorm; 10-12-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Yes providing you know the address
If you don't know the address you could always type "google.com".
Old 10-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
gargoyle67
Addict

@daffy4u, Thanks but Still not really a short cut though is it, Again multiple key presses, I just want to be able to jump to a web bookmark with 2 key strokes
Old 10-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
@daffy4u, Thanks but Still not really a short cut though is it, Again multiple key presses, I just want to be able to jump to a web bookmark with 2 key strokes
I see, you didn't mention a web bookmark shortcut before. You could make a "book" of your bookmarks that you could open and click but that may still not be a 2 click deal.

Other than the above, I remember seeing something about a hotkey hack which I haven't tried.