Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
donbrubaker
Enthusiast
donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: LB Mars, Voyage, iPad Mini
Nook HD+ not recognized by Calibre 0.9.5

I've got the new Nook HD+ and am trying to connect it with Calibre. Calibre doesn't recognize the device even though I have selected "connect as MTP device" and have checked to make sure the MTP device driver is enabled.

Any idea on when the Nook HD+ will be supported? Or has anyone else been successful?
donbrubaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
donbrubaker
Enthusiast
donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.donbrubaker understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Okay, I should have been more careful with the wording of my post. I am using Calibre which syncs fine to Kindles, Nooks, Sony Readers, etc. I am trying to sync my new Nook HD+. The Nook HD+ is recognized by the OS X (10.8.2) by showing a mounted drive but Calibre doesn't recognize the device is attached. In the Nook HD+ settings you can choose to connect as a MTP device or as a PTP device (Camera). I have MTP selected. If I change to PTP then the OS launches the camera utility...

I have checked the plugins to insure the device driver is installed. I do not see one specifically for the Nook HD+ but I do see one for MTP devices and it is enabled (Green in color).

I've never had any issues with Calibre recognizing an ereader, so not sure what to do... is it just too new and is not yet supported? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbrubaker View Post
The Nook HD+ is recognized by the OS X (10.8.2) by showing a mounted drive but Calibre doesn't recognize the device is attached.

I've never had any issues with Calibre recognizing an ereader, so not sure what to do... is it just too new and is not yet supported? Any help would be appreciated.
MTP is only supported on Windows Vista and newer and Linux computers.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Since OS X has no support for MTP, your device cant be connecting in MTP mode if it shows up in Finder. SO post the device detection debug log, and I will add the USB ids for your device to calibre.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
donbrubaker
Enthusiast

Kovid - Thank you! I just posted the bug log to the Calibre bug tracker.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
donbrubaker
Enthusiast

Just a note that using Calibre 9.5 on Windows 7 had the nook hd+ was recognized instantly as well as the MicroSD card. Loaded 700+ books without issue... so the issue seems to be with OS X... I'll see if the 0.9.6 may work or if the issue is with how the mac is mounting the device...
Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Don; I *THINK* this is because the NOOK HD+ is recognized by the MTP support in Windows and thus calibre can see it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by donbrubaker View Post
Just a note that using Calibre 9.5 on Windows 7 had the nook hd+ was recognized instantly as well as the MicroSD card. Loaded 700+ books without issue... so the issue seems to be with OS X... I'll see if the 0.9.6 may work or if the issue is with how the mac is mounting the device...
As I stated in post 3, calibre does not support MTP on OSX. However with the debug info maybe a normal USB connection can be made with a new device driver as Kovid suggested.

Good luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
julieleak
julieleak began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Nook HD Not Recognized by Calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Since OS X has no support for MTP, your device cant be connecting in MTP mode if it shows up in Finder. SO post the device detection debug log, and I will add the USB ids for your device to calibre.

I am new to this forum and recently purchased the Nook HD. When I open Calibre it is not recognizing my Nook. I am on OS X and did not have this problem when connecting my Nook Tablet. Can someone please help me? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!
julieleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
wn1ytw
wn1ytw began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2, PW3 & KV; Kobo Glo HD
I tried hooking a friends' new nook hd to my max running calibre 9.11 and osx 10.2 today, ended up dragging & dropping 1 by 1...
wn1ytw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
shadowfort
shadowfort began at the beginning.

Device: itouch, sony reader
thank you this helped me out alot.
shadowfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
leeper
Enthusiast
leeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: nook
Just wondering if there is any resolution for the Nook HD MTP issue with mac os? I just bought one and of course am having the same issues as above. I am using the android file swap ap included to move files but it is so less convenient than your wonderful product.
leeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can use one of the wireless methods described here:http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....kindle-fire-hd
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
leeper
Enthusiast
leeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texanleeper might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can use one of the wireless methods described here:http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....kindle-fire-hd
Yes thanks and that works but it loads to a download folder in the Nook which you next have to navigate to in order to read. The book doesnt appear in the home screen or i don't believe in the daily shelf? It's no big deal but it was so much more elegant when I could use calibre directly connected and let it manage my device and my home library. great product btw and thanks!
leeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well adding MTP support to the OS X build is on my TODO list, however, it requires fixes to some underlying libraries, so it isn't likely to happen anytime soon. Its a pity that Apple provide on MTP support in their OS at all. They appear to think that if you use OS X, you would only want to use an iDevice.