Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #16
katysax
Enthusiast
katysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litterkatysax doesn't litter

Device: Kindle2, Kindle DX, prs 505
Got mine on Friday. Spent a lot of time with it this weekend. I love reading pdf files on the DX but I think the K2 is more comfortable to hold and a little more refined. I'm keeping both, might sell the PRS 505 though because the DX does pdf files better.
katysax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #17
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
I don't know about that Katysax. For a small screen device the 505 is excellent with pdfs. Actually more flexible than the DX in some small respects. It just can't compete with the big screen. I am keeping my 505 with my DX.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #18
vagelis
vagelis has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle1, kindle2 & kindle dx
Got mine on Friday as well... keeping my K2...will use them both..

It's great staring at the large, paper-like dispay of the DX when at home, but for quick reading spurts in a cafe or public spot,the k2 is easier to lug around.
And the whispersync works like a charm when going from one device to the other, and picking up from where you left off...

My K1 is in Greece, as a backup... my father is using it... with ~170 or so books loaded in each of them, we have a reading contest going on...
vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #19
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Got mine today. None too early, because I broke my K1 yesterday.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #20
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
After seeing it live and reading some positive reviews finally I made up my mind. I'm going to get one for myself.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #21
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
I got mine last Thursday and am loving it, especially for all my PDFs. Keeping the K1, though, because it's more comfortable to read casual fiction on. The DX is pretty much PDFs and non-fiction.

Sweet to discover that Amazon downloads highlights and notes to the DX that I made on purchased books on my K1.

(Yes, I want all the things not (yet) available on it, but I am very much enjoying just as it is.)
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #22
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Mine arrived last Thursday but I didn't get a chance to open it up until Thursday night (dang the kids and their commitments ) and I love the big screen. Of the three Kindles that I've owned this one has the best contrast. I don't like the poor PDF support and no left hand buttons (I'm a lefty!!!) and the keyboard. My favorite keyboard was on the Kindle 1. Until TOC and links are supported I'll be converting those PDFs to mobi format.

My suspicion is that Amazon won't improve the PDF support because textbooks will be released in Topaz. Since Topaz hasn't been cracked (yet) it's the most secure format for textbooks.

The K1 went to my Mom when I got the K2. I'll be keeping the K2 to use when reading on the go.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #23
TheMadBrewer
Connoisseur
TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura Limited Edition, Kindle Voyager.
Got mine the first day. She Who Must Be Obeyed now has custody of the K2. She was skeptical at first but when She realized a book she had just bought was #2 in a series, and bing-bang-boom there it was, ready to read. She was impressed.
TheMadBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:21 AM   #24
Mac Jones
Connoisseur
Mac Jones began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have one.

Completely different animal than the K2 (which I really like).

time will tell.
Mac Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #25
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Got mine Thursday. I am keeping my Sony 505 for fiction and convenience. The DX seems much better for newspaper and magazines.
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:11 PM   #26
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
*colors* There, you're a skep.... awww, man! You're no fun any more.
Hrmph!

I think I should be offended!

This was actually more in-hand DXes than I expected, so my obvious conspiracy theory along the lines of "we'll sell out the first case of units and let it go out of stock to give t he impression of great demand" needs to be revised slightly.

Two cases.

Maybe even a full pallet!

-JPB
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #27
evandy
Enthusiast
evandy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Got mine on Day 11 (11-Jun that is). My first kindle, and loving it.

Right now I'm in the middle of the Tex Murphy books (based on the games), which I got direct from the author years ago, but never could stomach on the computer screen.
evandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #28
bmemberg
bmemberg began at the beginning.

Device: KindleDX
Mine Came Yesterday and already downloaded 5 books.

--Barry

Barry@memberg.com
bmemberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #29
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchll View Post
Got mine Thursday. I am keeping my Sony 505 for fiction and convenience. The DX seems much better for newspaper and magazines.
You must have big pockets
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote