Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Similar to this Rogue. That cover could easily be one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tallit_TAC_Blue_and_Black-8.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	68014  
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I have the hot pink Amazon lighted cover and love it. Just to "spice" it up a little, I made a slipcover for it.

And here's another slipcover I made:

Last edited by PG4003; 03-08-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Learning to add pictures.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #18
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
I have no idea how to post an image here...
but just wanted to ask you a question.

I believe that is a Kobo reader? Can you tell me how you like it?
I am looking for a reader for library books, and the Kobo has been reduced to $79. I was going to buy a Nook, but it's almost twice that price!

(Oh, I have a Javoedge Mimo case for my Kindle, and like it a lot)

Thanks so much,
Rene
Yep it's a Kobo. I really like it, I haven't had any issues with it yet. Simple to use and I just wanted a eReader that *held* books and nothing else. So I give it 2 thumbs up.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #19
pietrocrazy
Connoisseur
pietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enoughpietrocrazy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
I like reading my Kindle naked*, so I have this rooCase sleeve for it:

I could throw it against a wall and probably do no damage, but it's not so thick that I can't fit it into my purse, which is what really matters.

*The Kindle is naked, not me (necessarily)

Last edited by pietrocrazy; 03-08-2011 at 06:37 PM.
pietrocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #20
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I have the hot pink Amazon lighted cover and love it. Just to "spice" it up a little, I made a slipcover for it.
Those are impressive; I especially like the one on the bottom.

I'd imagine you'd have no problem selling covers like that and if I were of the female persuasion, I'd be happy to have one.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #21
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
Well I carry my 505 with me everywhere, in my coat pocket, so I need something that offers a certain amount of protection.

I chose the Tuff-luv case because it was smaller than the supplied Sony cover and yet offered the same amount, if not more, protection.[/IMG]
Mine too - IMO considerably more protection than the supplied case. When I'm travelling (motor bike) I put the whole thing in a smiggle bubble case for further protection:

http://www.smiggle.com.au/SM_navIWCa...uct_Id=1602114
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #22
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneAZ View Post
I have no idea how to post an image here...

Thanks so much,
Rene
Rene, for future reference, go to "advanced mode" (look underneath the window where you type the script), then in the bar right at the top of the window choose the paperclip. that will pop open a window that will have a button that prompts you to "choose a file" when you click that another window will come up that gives you the ability to browse your computer and choose the attachment from wherever you have it stored on your computer. happy attaching!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #23
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Smile

I'm someone who likes to change the cover on her reader frequently, usually monthly. I use cloth slipcovers (bookcovers) that I bought off of etsy or had an aunt make me. I just slip them on over the cover the 505 came with. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00042.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	68026   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00043.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	68027   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00044.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	68028   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00045.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	68029  
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #24
rleguillow
Always Reading
rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rleguillow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FW 1192, PRS-700, kobo, Rocket, PRS-650, Nook Glow, Kobo Glo, others
just ordered this one from Oberon for my PRS-650. Hope this picture stuff works! Thanks for the directions, Kindlekitten!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9353.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	68042  
rleguillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #25
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
I have an Oberon cover for my Sony PRS650. And a Decalgirl skin. This cover isn't made specifically for a reader - it is a generic small journal cover. I used a strip of adhesive velcro to stick it in the cover, and I glued flat neodynium magnets to the corners to hold them closed - the Sony reader actually has magnets inside it, as well, so the magnets on the cover hold to it pretty well. The leather is pretty stiff and protects the reader well, but I still put the whole thing in a plastic bag before I carry it a backpack or suitcase, because I'd hate for those magnets to grab my keys and drag them onto my reader's screen.

elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleguillow View Post
just ordered this one from Oberon for my PRS-650. Hope this picture stuff works! Thanks for the directions, Kindlekitten!
my pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizilla View Post

oh! the peacock is quite lovely! I might have to get that for my next cover! (for something!)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #27
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
My wife was able to make this one using djulian's Instructables article:

I really like it, but I think my next cover will be a slip case instead
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #28
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post

That's pretty "super".

I had a similar project in the works, but wasn't confident that it'd come out as nicely.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:57 AM   #29
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Love those oberon covers but they are a bit out of my price range, also don't think there is one that would fit my Eco reader. Probably a good thing as they are very tempting as are the handbags etc.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #30
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post

I like those a lot.

I must be the only person who would like to have a reader cover with an insert window on the front. Print out, and insert, one book cover to hide what you're truly reading.

That way I could read this;

And people would think that I'm reading this;
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote