Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
heaviside
heaviside began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Subfolders?

Can someone tell me how to create a subfolder within my MyDocuments folder? I have a French dictionary that I downloaded in a number of separate documents, and now they are littering all of the MyDocuments folder!

Thanks for any help you can give me!
heaviside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
Rotsa ruck on that one; this is one "feature" of the Nook we did/do not enjoy. The CoolER respects your folders and so all of our stuff is sorted by author and topic and like you we had 70+ pages of mish-mash, half-sorted books. Now I read that the "softrook" (or maybe its softroot) hacked firmware allows for this. If this pain threshold gets high enough I may go for it.
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
sarahsbloke
Connoisseur
sarahsbloke began at the beginning.

Device: Original Nook, Kindle Keyboard
softroot allows sub-folders
just do it!
sarahsbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #4
bridgetostars
bridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with othersbridgetostars plays well with others

Device: Nook
I wish I could softroot for subfolders... but since my nook is one of the newest rolled out, it's not yet compatible.

If you're thinking of softrooting, check here: http://nookdevs.com/Softroot

just to make sure you won't brick your nook if you softroot it. I warn you because I almost didn't read before I jumped right in (I'm not normally a 'read the manual' type, heh).
bridgetostars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
jeffcobb
Groupie
jeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enoughjeffcobb will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, CoolER
What kind of amazed us (the missus and I) is that the Nook just got the ability to go to a specific page in the last point-release of the firmware (1.4 I think). Wow. As dodgy as it was from a stability perspective, CoolER had that like two years ago...
jeffcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Well I just got another Nook for a friend and it can't be rooted. I guess there is no search or easier way to find books if it's not rooted? I rooted mine and my other friends right away, so I never checked it out before to see what it could do.

I hope somebody finds a way around this or B&N releases a great update that has something for good organization .
Care is offline   Reply With Quote