Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
Kiwi_Chris
Kiwi_Chris began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
MobiDeDRM - unlocked books hanging on PalmTX

I am running Python 2.6.5 & have successfully used MobiDeDRM to unlock several amazon purchased books & read them on my PalmTX (Using MobiReader 5.3)

The latest batch of 5 books I purchased from Amazon appear to unlock ok, I can open them on the palm, however 3 out of 5 hang after about a minute of the file being open. This happens even if I open the file and dive into the middle of the book.

I have tried reconverting several times, however get the same problem.

Has anyone hit this before?
Are there any programs that could tidy up a malformed mobi file?
Any ideas?

Many thanks
Chris
Kiwi_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi_Chris View Post
I am running Python 2.6.5 & have successfully used MobiDeDRM to unlock several amazon purchased books & read them on my PalmTX (Using MobiReader 5.3)

The latest batch of 5 books I purchased from Amazon appear to unlock ok, I can open them on the palm, however 3 out of 5 hang after about a minute of the file being open. This happens even if I open the file and dive into the middle of the book.

I have tried reconverting several times, however get the same problem.

Has anyone hit this before?
Are there any programs that could tidy up a malformed mobi file?
Any ideas?

Many thanks
Chris
I suspect that this might be the age of the Mobipocket reader on your Palm. Perhaps doing a Mobi-Mobi conversion with Calibre will do the trick.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
Kiwi_Chris
Kiwi_Chris began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Many thanks for your assistance.
I downloaded Calibre and tried a Mobi to Mobi conversion.
It identified a Mobi corruption, then died :-(
I have logged a query on the Calibre

Have a great day!

EDIT:
Tried reinstalling the ModiDeDRM and that appears to now work correctly.
I think I had multiple versions on the py file in the same directory and something got messed up :-)

On to happy reading!!!! :-) :-)

Last edited by Kiwi_Chris; 07-13-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Kiwi_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread kiwi_Chris
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote