Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kobo Touch
Unhappy Stuck in left-hand mode! Help!

I decided to change to the left-hand page turning setting (the right most option) so I could page turn with my left thumb.

But now I want to change back, but I think I am stuck! If I tap the left of screen the page turns forward. If I tap the middle of the screen the page turns forward. If I tap the right of the screen the page turns backward.

So how do I bring up the settings bar to change options now!?
rjcroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Open a book and tap at the bottom of the screen to bring up the menu. Select the Spanner and then Advanced Settings.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I haven't tried 1.9.12 (My Kobo broke the day before the beta came out ) all that I can think of trying is long pressing a word to bring the dictionary up an then clicking menu (I think there is a menu option in that page)
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #4
rjcroy
Bibliophile
rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjcroy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ahh, the bottom of the screen! I have never had to do that before.
Thanks PeterT!!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you look at the diagrams, you will see that the various selections impact not just where the right and lefthand tap parts of the screens are located, but also where on the screen you tap to bring up the menu.

Last edited by taming; 10-22-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added picture
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
rjcroy
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
If you look at the diagrams, you will see that the various selections impact not just where the right and lefthand tap parts of the screens are located, but also where on the screen you tap to bring up the menu.
I should have studied this page more carefully!
Cheers everyone.

Tags