Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'll throw this out - Faith by John Love. Best SF novel I've read in a while....but I don't read that many novels so take it with a grain of salt.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #17
SilkyP
SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SilkyP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReading_Newbie View Post
Hi everyone.

Thanks a lot for all your recommendations.
I jumped into 'hardwired' already and from the first 40-something pages, I like it a lot. great recommendation.

Also dowloaded the 'brave new world series' book. short stories in there but really worth reading. started to read the first. seems also interesting.

Regarding 'snow crash' and 'diamond age' love them. already got them paper-based.

I also love the Jeff Somers series with Avery Cates (5 books...). Could not stop reading them all and re-read them already. Just in case someone who has similar interests not knowing those books so far.

Going to look into all your other recommendations. One after the other. Really appreciate all your efforts. Seems like my PW got really something to do

regards to all of you.
Hey cool! Glad you're liking Hardwired, it was one of the first books I got on my PW as well.
SilkyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:40 AM   #18
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I'm sure I read that back in the day, but I can't remember a single thing about it.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 AM   #19
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReading_Newbie View Post
Regarding 'snow crash' and 'diamond age' love them. already got them paper-based.
I thought Fate's Mirror had a bit of a Snow Crash feel. The main character was similarly slick.

In case you're interested, I posted a review of this book in 2011:

http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2011/1...r-by-m-h-mead/
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 AM   #20
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
You can try with SF Masterworks. Try to find what you want within these volumes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sf_masterworks
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
eReading_Newbie
eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eReading_Newbie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
again - thanks all for your help.

already added 'fate's mirror' and going to read the other recommended books.
'hardwired' still great to read.... definitely a thumbs-up.

btw.. I already read some books from charles stross. liked them a lot as well. guess he is worth a look for people who like SF.

hope this thread might be also of use to others with same tastes and likings.

regards....
eReading_Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote