Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
RachDvn
RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
delete publisher date?

When including metadata information, is there a way to remove the Published date? Since the information is not available, the default setting is to assign the month and year of when the converted .mobi file is created, which then places the year in parenthesis on the inserted metadata cover page. Any way around this?

Thanks as always,
~Rach
RachDvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
There may be other ways by now but one way that should work in many Calibre versions is to type a year of 0000.

I know as of a couple of releases ago there is also the ability on the bulk metadata dialog to clear the published date (the icon to the right of the date).

I would still love a setting/tweak to make the default behaviour of Calibre to leave it empty rather than putting todays date in it. At least now we can in bulk blank it out but imho we shouldn't "need to". There's been an open ticket for it for a while... I've tried a few times to find the right place in the code but it has eluded me. Commenting out lines which seemed obvious didn't achieve the goal, leaving me wondering if it was a database default field or something.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
RachDvn
RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RachDvn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Oops! Thanks Kiwi, I hadn't notcied the new recylce icon to "clear published date". I was excited for a few minutes until I tried it out... While it does clear the date from the field (changes to "Undefined") it now shows up as (101) on the inserted metadata page. ??? I'll report it as a bug.

Also, it wouldn't let me input "0000". Damn.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachDvn View Post
Oops! Thanks Kiwi, I hadn't notcied the new recylce icon to "clear published date". I was excited for a few minutes until I tried it out... While it does clear the date from the field (changes to "Undefined") it now shows up as (101) on the inserted metadata page. ??? I'll report it as a bug.
You can remove all of the published info from the insert metadata page by editing the style.css file in the resources/jacket directory. It currently has a typo, read here for the correction.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
RachDvn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You can remove all of the published info from the insert metadata page by editing the style.css file in the resources/jacket directory. It currently has a typo, read here for the correction.
I'd still like the publisher's name included, just not the year. Thank you though.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'd still like the publisher's name included, just not the year. Thank you though.
Then go into the template.xhtml file in the \resources\jacket\ directory and edit out the ({pubdate}) and you'll be good to go.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #7
RachDvn

Fantasitic! I have basic knowledge of html, so editing it won't be a problem, however I don't seem to have a default program for editing/saving as xhtml files, what do you recommend?

Last edited by RachDvn; 02-06-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Fantasitic! I have basic knowledge of html, so editing it won't be a problem, however I don't seem to have a default program for editing/saving as xhtml files, what do you recommend?
I just use notepad++ for simple editing like this.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-06-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Notepad ++ http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/on windows else notepad

Just right click the xml file: Open with... <choose>.
No associations needed
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #10
RachDvn

don't have ++ but was able to get it to work in Notepad. Adios publishers date! Thanks SO much to everyone, this has been bugging me for ages!