Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
theDwarf
Luddite
theDwarf began at the beginning.

Device: still looking ...
Expandable Memory - MicroSD card size limit?

Hello all,
Just checking here prior to purchasing a Nook whether or not there is a size limit on the MicroSD cards. Mostly will 8GB or 16GB work and do larger MicroSD cards slow things down?
theDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
IIRC, 16GB is the upper limit.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
denisek
denisek began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Classic, HTC Incredible, Xoom
I have an 8gb in my nook loaded with music!

No problems.
denisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:54 AM   #4
bcv
bcv began at the beginning.

Device: Linux powered DIY book scanner
i have a 16gb card installed, believe that's the upper limit. if i hadn't gotten such a great deal, though, i wouldn't have bothered with one that large- unless you're storing a very large number of audiobooks along with your ebooks; 16gb is an insane amount of space. as in, there's more space for books on my nook than there are volumes at my local library.

no slowdown from installing the card itself, however after sideloading the device re-indexes all books on the card, which can take a couple of minutes if you've got a huge collection.
bcv is offline   Reply With Quote