Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
bernard@pepper70
Golfmanuk
bernard@pepper70 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Using Calibre on my Sony PRS505

Have just got my 505 and getting to grips with it. Can I use Calibre
instead of EBook library to get books on to the reader. The programme
seems a little more versatile that EBook reader.
Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Berrnard
bernard@pepper70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Yes, just plug in your 505 and calibre will recognise it. Select the books you want and click the Send to Device button.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
4nefertiti
Enthusiast
4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS900 (daily edition), blackberry
I use Calibre as my main library. I also use Sony and Adobe digital editions. They will all recognize the reader when it is connected (I have even had all connected at the same time).
4nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #4
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nefertiti View Post
I use Calibre as my main library. I also use Sony and Adobe digital editions. They will all recognize the reader when it is connected (I have even had all connected at the same time).
You seriously have a PRS900 already?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
For me, it's Calibre whenever possible. A darned fine wee programme. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #6
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I too use calibre almost exclusively. A great program. I only open the ebook library to check for firmware updates (not that there are any)
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote