Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-25-2009, 01:16 AM   #16
daruking
Enthusiast
daruking began at the beginning.

I'm having problems with fbreader skipping pages in .txt files. Anyone else seeing this?
daruking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
Viacheslav
Connoisseur
Viacheslav doesn't litterViacheslav doesn't litter

Device: iRex DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by daruking View Post
I'm having problems with fbreader skipping pages in .txt files. Anyone else seeing this?
Yes, but it is not what it seems. It does not skip, but simply fails to redraw the screen if you turn a page when DR is zZz sleeping. People don't see the effect and turn the page again themselves.

Someone has to make some changes in the FBReader code to fix that. Unfortunately Adam B. never released a tarball with FBreader&libs prepared for build in iON SDK. I could not get through cross-compilation of libcurl.
Viacheslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #18
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viacheslav View Post
Yes, but it is not what it seems. It does not skip, but simply fails to redraw the screen if you turn a page when DR is zZz sleeping. People don't see the effect and turn the page again themselves.

Someone has to make some changes in the FBReader code to fix that. Unfortunately Adam B. never released a tarball with FBreader&libs prepared for build in iON SDK. I could not get through cross-compilation of libcurl.
I didn't modify anything but the makefiles for the FBReader release, hence, no source code.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #19
Viacheslav
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I didn't modify anything but the makefiles for the FBReader release, hence, no source code.
Could you post the modified makefiles than? I have no clue how to change them to make something build if it fails. And I really want to see evince on DR to read DJVU, but it stops compiling because of gnome-docs.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #20
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Could you post the modified makefiles than? I have no clue how to change them to make something build if it fails. I really want to compile evince to read DJVU, but it stops because of gnome-docs.
I don't have them anymore, but I only modified the install paths...

Evince is a pain to cross compile. It depends on *a lot* of libraries you have to compile first.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
Viacheslav
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Evince is a pain to cross compile. It depends on *a lot* of libraries you have to compile first.
Yes, but they did it for Nokia N810 and stripped away all extra libs. But, as far as I know, the guy who did it initially posted only the binary and wrote that it was trivial for him. Later they made a Hildonized port. I lack enough programming skill to repeat it all.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #22
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
Is that possible to make it work with Chinese text file?
I saw I can choose unicode and default lang. as Chinese. I already install chinese font into dr1000s. But fbreader will not use those font.
Any hint? Thanks. Convert text to PDF really waste space and time.
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #23
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
Problem solved. Just found out options->style. Just change base font to Chinese font.
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #24
attila
attila began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s
Quote:

Someone has to make some changes in the FBReader code to fix that.
Firmware 1.6 seems to fix this.

Last edited by attila; 05-13-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: typo
attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:50 AM   #25
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Since upgrading to Firmware 1.6 my FBReader no longer associates with chms and takes an age to open them. Is that other people's experience too?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #26
Grimulkan
Lord
Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Q1 (on way out), PRS505, DR1000S (dead :<), TC1100 (10'' perfection!)
The firmware update wipes the CTB hack for FBReader. We will need to wait for iRex to release the 1.6 CTB source before we can build the hack again for 1.6.
Grimulkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #27
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Ah, but even so, should the chms have slowed right down?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #28
Viacheslav
Connoisseur

It is possible to install modified ctb-1.5. There are no obvious changes in ctb between 1.5 and 1.6.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 AM   #29
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
You can try to copy the 1.6 ctb from the internal flash to your SD card and compare it (binary). If you look at the install files for the modified ctb you should get some clues on how to do this.
If you already installed the modified ctb on R1.5 then the original 1.5 ctb should already be on your SD card at: Programs/_updatectb/_bin/ctb_original.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #30
KarlSchroeder
KarlSchroeder began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s
Can't read zip files

I can't add zip files to the fbreader library nor read them by clicking on them in the file manager. If I try to add a zip to the library within the program, the dialogue box just opens the zip and looks for something inside the zip; but it doesn't add the zip nor any of its contents to the library. Opening a zip file directly from the Reader file manager causes fbreader to open but defaults into the help page. Is this normal behaviour? I was testing the idea of reading a graphic novel as a zipped collection of jpgs. Problem is, fbreader doesn't see the jpgs either, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to be able to "read zip files" as advertised.

I'm running firmware 1.6 and as far as I know, the latest version of fbreader.
KarlSchroeder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbreader, software