Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #91
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
If not sooner, then leveling up. If game allows, then maybe sooner.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #92
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
They should really include a note in the sign-up that you should use your existing Baen account email address. I started a second account for my main Baen account now (MegaMan). Don't know how to disable the first one.

I think I'm doing a better job on the second one in the first place.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #93
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
If not sooner, then leveling up. If game allows, then maybe sooner.
best is directly after levelling, not before.
Found out it may f up project-Done-dependedncies resetting them I use them up for level up towncores after levelling.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #94
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Go on then, I'll have a go - name Mike
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #95
DHNightshadow
Zealot
DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DHNightshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyager
Don't know if someone is so stupid as I. Because I didn't know much about the city cores. So, for people out there in the same boat.
From cores you get the most, when not other assets are around. Or you can have the population assets there, like someone said before in the thread.
And look where you place your assets, moving them later, will take away from your baen bucks.
And the higher level don't come cheap. You need many bucks to level, and alliance.
DHNightshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #96
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I started a second account for my main Baen account now (MegaMan). Don't know how to disable the first one.
Since no one knows what a deletion done by admins would do to people already having it allied and joined (and paid for) you might consider holding back anofficial question about this @Baen until world reboot.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #97
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHNightshadow View Post
Don't know if someone is so stupid as I. Because I didn't know much about the city cores. So, for people out there in the same boat.
From cores you get the most, when not other assets are around. Or you can have the population assets there, like someone said before in the thread.
And look where you place your assets, moving them later, will take away from your baen bucks.
And the higher level don't come cheap. You need many bucks to level, and alliance.
you can Use every flavour of neighbours for (temporary) draining cores production. but there is no reason for doing it with other ressources than people. This reason is as we all painfully found out the lack of energy surplus saved up because

(energy need)=(money gain)=(people x level)

a baby boom can put your lights off fairly quickly for a long time...
I never imagined to be faster done with building 20 alliances than with 10 levels but it apparently will be so.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #98
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

I just noticed my grid has grown... 1 line and 1 row more (yes including 2 more quick charge slots)
Old 04-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #99
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I don't know what I'm doing but it seems I've earned an ebook. How do you redeem it? When I click on redeem it says no Baen ebooks email found. (The address I used is different than my Baen account).
I made the same mistake so I just changed my Baen account email to the same as in game and retrieved my books. 2 so far and just 2 cycles away from a third.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #100
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginwen View Post
Whatever you do don't log out, or mess up your password.

I tried to log-on elsewhere, and maybe made typed the wrong thing too many times. Then since the PW I thought it was didn't work, I logged out of my regular account to reset the password. Alas, the reset button causes an exception, I am unable to get the activation email resent (it says I'm active) and the help doesn't work. So for now I guess I'm out. Really close to more free books too

OK, whatever was going on, it's fixed.
System was down yesterday afternoon for an update.

I think I'm logged on via 3 or 4 devices, all the time (tablets, pc's, etc). I used to log out, but now don't bother. I should be at level 10 soon, then will add bucks for one or two more alliances (which will take me to 4 free books).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #101
Pegster
Devourer of Books
Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pegster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T1, Samsung S5
I'm enjoying this - already earned two books! It really makes me appreciate Baen even more. It's nice reading the descriptions of the assets and seeing books they are based on. I've already added some books to my wishlist for future purchases!

I've added some people from this thread to my alliances - if anyone wants to add me, I'm Kalethea in the game.
Pegster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #102
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems that the coupon codes may end up being tied to your Baen account, so that your game and bookstore emails will need to match.

No doubt a reaction to the sockpuppets (but stymies those who have all their books that would rather just give the coupon codes away).
Old 04-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #103
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
I think I'm kind of paying a bit now for my early rush to get books at any cost (basically by always getting more Baen bucks), as my energy and bliss are severely lacking. Working on fixing that now, but it takes a long time when you are so far back.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #104
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It seems that the coupon codes may end up being tied to your Baen account, so that your game and bookstore emails will need to match.

No doubt a reaction to the sockpuppets (but stymies those who have all their books that would rather just give the coupon codes away).
you arre kind of right with the latter, but OTOH doesnt baen offer the possibility to gift purchases? the question is for the generous ones is then only if it's possible to gift another user a book and use the coupon for payment.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #105
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
you arre kind of right with the latter, but OTOH doesnt baen offer the possibility to gift purchases? the question is for the generous ones is then only if it's possible to gift another user a book and use the coupon for payment.
Hmmm. Might be a possibility. I know one disabled person (who gets free books there, anyway), was wanting to give codes away. I'll suggest he/she try gifting a book, instead.