Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 05:56 AM   #1
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
M-Edge e-Luminator2 available for PRS-600 and PRS-300

The e-Luminator6 for the (PRS-600) and for the PRS-300 are now available at the M-Edge website.

I ordered the jade green Executive jacket plus the light, with the discount coupon and including shipment to Europe I paid about €45, the jacket with light from Sony is sold in the Netherlands for €50 so I think it's a good deal.

Bianca
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
They are both listed at Amazon now as well.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
My light (for my Kindle) died on me after a week (it actually lasted through one battery). I'll be curious to know how long it lasts for any Sony users.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
@daffy4u Did you ever contact M-Edge about possibly having it replaced?
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
@daffy4u Did you ever contact M-Edge about possibly having it replaced?
No, I gave up on it because the light was on the wimpy side anyway (not bright enough). I went back to my Might Brite lights.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
No, I gave up on it because the light was on the wimpy side anyway (not bright enough). I went back to my Might Brite lights.
Did you have the first generation light or the newer one? I had similar problems and was very unhappy with the first generation light. M-Edge customer service was great about an exchange and eventual refund when the second light had similar issues.

I have loved the second generation light...although my Kindle doesn't get as much use as my Sony reader nowadays, I still use it about an hour each night. I love that its compact/portable and if positioned right, lights the screen well.

I did use the Might Brite before on my Kindle and use the lightwedge cover on my Sony. While the later is serviceable, I don't like how it takes away from screen clarity and would replace it with the M-Edge light in a heartbeat.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Daffy, which Mighty Bright light(s) do you use? I looked at the XtraFlex but it seemed too heavy to me. I like the look of the TravelFlex. I ordered the e-Luminator because it's part of the jacket and always available that way.

Mighty Bright lights aren't easy to get here. Our store sells some book lights but none that I like enough to use myself, but I gave our supplier the address for Might Bright and he would look into it.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Did you have the first generation light or the newer one? I had similar problems and was very unhappy with the first generation light. M-Edge customer service was great about an exchange and eventual refund when the second light had similar issues.
2nd generation. So you no longer have the light (since you mentioned a refund)?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Daffy, which Mighty Bright light(s) do you use? I looked at the XtraFlex but it seemed too heavy to me. I like the look of the TravelFlex. I ordered the e-Luminator because it's part of the jacket and always available that way.

Mighty Bright lights aren't easy to get here. Our store sells some book lights but none that I like enough to use myself, but I gave our supplier the address for Might Bright and he would look into it.
First thanks for correcting my spelling (I was too lazy to confirm the spelling). I have 2 models.

Mighty Bright Telescoping Triple LED Deluxe Book Light Kit - Silver, I use this one the most even though it's bulky.

Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 Craft Light - Green, I still use this one but the flexible neck has loosened and I have to use twist ties and whatever is handy to keep it from flopping around.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
2nd generation. So you no longer have the light (since you mentioned a refund)?
I still have the 2nd gen light and its on its 3rd battery life.

I first exchanged and then returned (for a refund) the first generation light. I decided to give the 2nd gen light a try and have been very happy with it. It seemed to address the many complains I read/had with the first light. Worth the wait.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #11
sahmad88
Zealot
sahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enoughsahmad88 will become famous soon enough

Device: nook color
Yippee! Finally! I have been waiting for them. I just got my Latitude Jacket, but I can't decide if I want the Journey Bag as well. Anyone have one?
sahmad88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Rumpelteazer I have the Travelflex and while I love it, it still isn't portable enough for me because I have to carry it separately from my Reader (I have the PRS 300). The e-Luminator2 seems like a good idea because you can carry it right in the case, so you have a light with you anytime you need it. I've already placed an order for one and if I find the light isn't bright enough for me, I might try the Sony cover with light next

@Daffy How long did you have the Xtraflex2 before the gooseneck gave out? I have the Travelflex and am expecting my Xtraflex2 soon. My Travelflex's neck seems sturdy enough for now (I've had it for about 3 weeks), but I'm worried that carrying it around with me a lot (all the flexing and unflexing while storing it and putting it to use again) might wear the neck out sooner rather than later. I'm looking for something tougher to carry around with me all the time while I leave the flexible neck lights at home and the Mighty Bright Telescoping Triple LED Book Light seems like a good choice. How heavy is it compared to the Xtraflex2 and does it also have 2 brightness settings?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
@Daffy How long did you have the Xtraflex2 before the gooseneck gave out? I have the Travelflex and am expecting my Xtraflex2 soon. My Travelflex's neck seems sturdy enough for now (I've had it for about 3 weeks), but I'm worried that carrying it around with me a lot (all the flexing and unflexing while storing it and putting it to use again) might wear the neck out sooner rather than later. I'm looking for something tougher to carry around with me all the time while I leave the flexible neck lights at home and the Mighty Bright Telescoping Triple LED Book Light seems like a good choice. How heavy is it compared to the Xtraflex2 and does it also have 2 brightness settings?

I've owned the the flexible neck light for about as long as I've owned my Kindle 1 which is about 18 months. I've been having problems with the neck for about 4 or 5 months maybe a little longer.

I just weighed both lights. The flexible neck light is about 3 oz. and the telescoping neck light is just shy of 4 oz. even with it's bulkier shape. Both take 3 AAA batteries and the batteries last quite a long time. The telescoping light has one brightness setting but it has 3 lights instead of 2.

Neither one is that big of deal for me to use as I'm used to them.

I did just order two different lights from Mighty Bright to see how I like them (one you already own).

The PocketFlex LED light and the TravelFlex LED light (I'm hoping this one can be clipped to the pencil holder of my M-Edge Platform Jacket and operate similar to the E-Liuminator light.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
xtine
Addict

@Daffy I see you're a book light "collector" just like me. I just can't seem to get enough! I've seen pictures of the Travelflex clipping onto the M-Edge's pencil holder and I think you'll be happy with it I was actually disappointed that the new M-Edge jackets for the PRS 300 didn't offer the pencil holder anymore. If they had, I might not have gotten the e-Luminator2. Hmm on second thought, I probably still would've
Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 AM   #15
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Quote:
The PocketFlex LED light and the TravelFlex LED light (I'm hoping this one can be clipped to the pencil holder of my M-Edge Platform Jacket and operate similar to the E-Liuminator light.
I was just replying over on another thread about jackets and Travelflex; I've a 505, but surely Kindle and Sony pen-holder bit is similar? I put some photos up to show ... don't know if relevant to you, but another question: is the green of your Xtraflex2 Craft Light as plasticky and cheap-looking as it looks in pictures? I was tossing a coin between the Travelflex I bought and another model, but the photos made the other models' green plastic seem unattractive.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63604
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote