Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #106
Zombater
Enthusiast
Zombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Zombater: Possibly. Does the MKK update process actually ends up being successful, or does it fail with a U007 error (bottom left corner of the screen)?

As for the rest: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines
Yes, I am bad at modding. However, not to be rude please read the full post next time.

I don't know which MKK file to install for my PW2.

Last edited by Zombater; 09-04-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Zombater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #107
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Zombater: Do read the guidelines and cool off.

Quote:
If you're confused, please refer to the Kindle nicknames list on the wiki. In this specific case, the k5 file is indeed the one you want if you have a Touch, PW & PW2.
(There's no truly PW2-specific file like my other hacks, which is why I got that at 'I couldn't find a DL link' and/or 'I couldn't find the right snapshot package for MKK').

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-04-2014 at 09:32 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #108
Zombater
Enthusiast
Zombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheeseZombater can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
@Zombater: Possibly. Does the MKK update process actually ends up being successful, or does it fail with a U007 error (bottom left corner of the screen)?

As for the rest: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines
With the profanity, yup look's like Imma Dont Say Sw-swears.

As for the first question, there's no U007 error, I just go and Update Your Kindle is greyed out with the K5 MKK file. I go back and kindle deleted the .bin, so...
Old 09-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #109
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombater View Post
With the profanity, yup look's like Imma Dont Say Sw-swears.

As for the first question, there's no U007 error, I just go and Update Your Kindle is greyed out with the K5 MKK file. I go back and kindle deleted the .bin, so...
Ah, so.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237083
Bullet #4

Then, get the MKK from NiLuJe's snapshots thread.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #110
Zombater
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ah, so.
See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237083
Bullet #4

Then, get the MKK from NiLuJe's snapshots thread.
Okay. I will report back, and say if it works. regardless.

EDIT:

Yup, it worked. THANKS!

Last edited by Zombater; 09-04-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #111
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released 20140822.

Because it was time .

NOTE: Given the nature of MKK, you *really* don't need to update manually if you've already got everything working.

NOTE²: The K5 JailBreak >= 1.11.N essentially deprecates the use of this package as a standalone (on K5 devices, that is). So if you really want to update something, update your JB .
Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #112
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Minor maintenance release to catch up with the latest K5 JB. Existing users don't need to do anything (with this specific package).
Old 11-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #113
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And another minor maintenance release to catch up with the K5 JB. Once again, nothing needs to be done for existing users .
Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #114
Mike Li
Mike Li began at the beginning.

Device: KW4
Ask every teacher, how to open the Kindle upgrade package,thank you,(If there are grammatical errors, please forgive)
Mike Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #115
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Li View Post
Ask every teacher, how to open the Kindle upgrade package,thank you,(If there are grammatical errors, please forgive)
Use our: KindleTool
Most recent should be in NiLuJe's snapshot thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225030

Last edited by knc1; 12-06-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #116
Still
Still began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Jailbroken 5.4.3.2 updated to 5.6.1.0.2

Hello...

This is my long story cut short
Got brand new 9017 PW2 5.4.3.2. Jailbroke it using 1.14N.
Installed CR3 according instructions.
It would not launch. Then according the forum suggestions updated to 5.6.1.0.2.
Here goes the sad part: got OTA update and CR3 started to show error saying that this Kindle is not authorized for such a tricks like tests of developers...
OK... according to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203326 it seemed that I needed to reinstall MKK or to repeat 1.14N jailbreak... But Both ways "Update your kindle" is greyed out. Is that the END? All I wanted was working CR3....

Last edited by Still; 02-11-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #117
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
MKK is bundled with and bridged by the JB, so just like the JB... simply reboot your Kindle.

That is all.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #118
Still

Unfortunately reboot did not help at all... I still unable get active "Update your kindle" despite of any .bin file (for example update_backdoorlock_12_install.bin) placed in the root folder. Also Kindle not authorize my device to run CR3...
Old 02-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #119
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still View Post
Unfortunately reboot did not help at all... I still unable get active "Update your kindle" despite of any .bin file (for example update_backdoorlock_12_install.bin) placed in the root folder. Also Kindle not authorize my device to run CR3...
That is expected behavior of the 5.6.x firmware on your device.
You must use the MobileRead Package Installer (a KUAL add-on).
Old 02-11-2015, 05:50 PM   #120
Still

Thank you, now my PW2 is able to pick those bin files Should you happen to know if KUAL can help with CR3 start? Now CR3 just displays blank screen and it goes back to home screen...

Tags
kindlet, mkk