Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
csskkai
Enthusiast
csskkai began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600
Red face Buying a reader, recommendations?

I use to own a sony prs700 until the screen died on me. I'm looking to replace it.
I don't know much about ebook readers though since I've only been exposed to the prs700, and the prs505 which I gave to my sister.
I've been looking into the sony prs600, but I think I'm severely limiting myself by just looking at sony. However, I'm not familiar with any other kind of reader.
What reader would you recommend? I'm looking for something that is no smaller than the sony's 6" ones, and not over 300 dollars (if it is over 300 dollars but I can find it in the flea market being sold used for less, then that's a different story).
I liked the touch screen feature in my old reader. Also, I don't need wireless.
Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I want to replace my reader SOON. I feel like I'm missing an arm or something without one.
csskkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
arsingh1
Nameless Being

Why don't you have a look at the BeBook Neo eReader, and this one has a claim of being “the world’s first Wi-Fi e-reader with access to eBook stores worldwide”.

It has a 1600mAh Li-ion battery (good enough for a 3-hour charge), and a 532MHz Freescale processor.
It also has 512MB of internal flash memory which is expandable upto 16GB with an SD card . It can support Supports the most popular eBook formats such as: EPUB*, PDF*, TXT, HTML, RTF, MOBI, CHM, PDB, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF (*including Adobe DRM, compatible with Adobe Digital Editions). It’s got a 6 inch touchscreen and will cost about $299.
Advert
Old 02-27-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
csskkai
Enthusiast

Looks good, but has it even come out?
Old 02-27-2010, 03:37 AM   #4
csskkai
Enthusiast

Oh it has.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 AM   #5
JediEagle
JediEagle began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
Hi, everybody. I will be going to USA in a little over a month and was wondering if there are any stores which would sell Bebook Neo? The 300 dollar price tag is much better that 300 euros I will be visiting San Francisco and New York. Well, I will spend most of my time in those 2 cities.

Sorry if I hijacked the thread
JediEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I would second the recommendation for the Neo. An excellent device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recommendations, sony