Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Ayn Rand - 100% Micropay Rebate at Fictionwise

I just discovered that Fictionwise has all of their titles by Ayn Rand available with 100% micropay rebate. I didn't check them all, but the ones I looked at didn't appear to have any geographic restrictions, and unlike most of the titles they offer with the 100% rebate, they can be purchased with Micropay dollars and you still get the rebate. Expires October 4.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I just discovered that Fictionwise has all of their titles by Ayn Rand available with 100% micropay rebate. I didn't check them all, but the ones I looked at didn't appear to have any geographic restrictions, and unlike most of the titles they offer with the 100% rebate, they can be purchased with Micropay dollars and you still get the rebate. Expires October 4.
Great deal, thanks

< $155 when combined with coupon code from the recent survey and since you can use micropay, the most you'd have to add if you had no credit would be $22 (then do one book at a time, rinse and repeat).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
darn you! i wasn't buying any more books this week, but i've never read atlas shrugged. and i to add something else to my cart on 100% rebate, of course.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
seanrose
seanrose began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I tried Fictionwise, but I suspect I got suckered in. i.e. $10 with 100% rebate for 'The Quickie' (not good), so now I have $10 in the account, but I think I can only apply a small amount of micropay funds on future titles, and usually that only gets the cost down to competitors. i.e. a $10 book on BooksOnBoard is $10.50 on Fictionwise, but you can apply $0.50 from the micropay account. So what? Is there something I'm not getting about Fictionwise?
seanrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
weateallthepies
Lord of the Pies
weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.weateallthepies is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Onyx Boox Leaf 2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanrose View Post
I tried Fictionwise, but I suspect I got suckered in. i.e. $10 with 100% rebate for 'The Quickie' (not good), so now I have $10 in the account, but I think I can only apply a small amount of micropay funds on future titles, and usually that only gets the cost down to competitors. i.e. a $10 book on BooksOnBoard is $10.50 on Fictionwise, but you can apply $0.50 from the micropay account. So what? Is there something I'm not getting about Fictionwise?
You can just pay with the micropay funds, or at least I always have. I didn't think there were any restrictions.
weateallthepies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 02:52 AM   #6
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Actually, in order to use Micropay money you have to have enough to pay for the entire book that way - you don't pay part with Micropay money and part another form. I think what you may have been seeing is the amount of Micropay money you earn when you purchase a specific book, not how much you can spend. So if you have $10 in Micropay money you can get any book up to that price "free".
Old 09-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #7
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
I agree with you, I hate this "bonus" system, it's built to get you to spend more money than you normally would, just because you feel you are getting a "deal". However, I am starting to use FW more and more, just because the interface at BoB is so awful. FW is so much nicer to use, but more expensive.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:27 AM   #8
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Some additional info on Fictionwise: there are some cases where it's cheaper than Books on Board. They are rare, but it happens. There are also cases where they offer books BoB doesn't have, or they offer more choice in formats. So it pays to compare every time.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Much of their back catalogue can be used with Micropay. It's only the newer releases [mainly], that you need to use a credit card of Paypal.

Micropay is like money in the bank; however, you can't use it on just anything.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The restrictions on using credit at Books on Board are even worse -- you lose all rebates if you pay with their store credit, making the books effectively list price, as they almost always run their sales by having large credit rebate, not a percentage off and then a rebate on top, as FW does.

To the poster with $10 credit - add $20 to your account and you can buy all of these books and still have $30 credit when you get done. If you did their survey, you get 25% using that coupon (good on all orders until it expires), so you'll need to add less. if you don't mind only getting the cheapest ones, you can probably get away with only adding $10 credit - not a bad deal to loan them $10 and get over $200 worth of books.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'll probably get Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead, but I don't really know her other stuff. Anyone recommend anything in particular?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If I can't use it on anything I want, it's NOT money in the bank. In fact, it's money I already spent. It earned me a price reduction on a future purchase, made to look like money in the bank to entice me to buy more stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'll probably get Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead, but I don't really know her other stuff. Anyone recommend anything in particular?
I have a similar question, except I haven't read anything at all by her
Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
KarenH
Addict

[QUOTE=FlorenceArt;609635]If I can't use it on anything I want, it's NOT money in the bank. In fact, it's money I already spent. It earned me a price reduction on a future purchase, made to look like money in the bank to entice me to buy more stuff.

Actually, you can use Micropay money to buy anything they have - the credit card/paypal only comes in when they offer large (usually 50-100%) rebates - you can't normally use Micropay money to earn large rebates (this case is an exception to that general rule). You can still buy those titles using Micropay money, you just won't get the rebate. And their small rebates (5-20%) can be earned when spending Micropay money.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM   #14
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Actually, you can use Micropay money to buy anything they have
I can't use them to buy a sandwich, or stamps.

Suppose I want a book that costs $19 at Books on Board, and $20 at Fictionwise with a $1 micropay rebate.

If I buy it at BoB, I have spent $19. I can spend the remaining $1 any way I want.

If I buy it at Fictionwise, I have spent $20, and I can get a price reduction on a future purchase. That dollar is not money I can spend any way I want. It's not money, period. It's a rebate coupon. I would be perfectly happy with that if I hadn't paid $20 for something I can get for $19 elsewhere.

The math is slightly different for 100% rebates, but the fact is, Fictionwise is trying to make you believe you have earned money, when what you earned is a price rebate on a future purchase. It's like those fake checks you get in the mail sometimes. It's not money. It's not worthless, and it's even fine if you use it on stuff that you would have bought anyway. But it's not money in the bank.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for this. I don't think I've read any of her work, but now I have access to it all. When my "to be read" pile subsides a little, I hope to get to some of them.

Any recommendations for the one to read first?

Quote:
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote