Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 AM   #1
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Exclamation Pocketbook IQ non-responsive

This morning when I tried to turn on my Pocketbook IQ, I couldn't get any response from it. The screen was blank, resetting didn't help, and I couldn't get the battery off because it seemed firmly set into place. I need some advice on what to do.
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
set it to charge over night. try again tomorrow.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It did charge over night, and it was completely unresponsive throughout the day. However, I just tried turning it on, and it did, so I'm confused about the cause of such unresponsiveness. Strange, but I'm glad it works again.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
you don't have to take the battery out. Just unplug it where it connects.
I think you accidently put it in sleep mode..............it can be a pain.
also, if you're running 2.1.1 I'd go back to 2.06. In my case I found it more stable with wi fi and internet surfing.
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
citac
Fanatic

Probably. For a moment I panicked because I thought, oh no, this is it! and I truly never had any problems with it whatsoever. I think it crashed maybe once or twice since I got it, and that's been a while.

And actually, once I did a factory reset, my WiFi was fine. I only ever use it at work since I don't have a wireless network at home. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 2.0.6. firmware cannot handle many apps (??), and I've got some that are quite heavy.

[All this a roundabout way of saying everything works now, no idea about the cause. ]
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
I haven't noticed any dif on apps at all between 2.06 and 2.1.1
Happy it's working for you. I actually had mine freeze up so bad I had to unplug the battery to turn it off. It's happened twice in the 13 months I've had. No big deal for the price...................I love mine. just wish they'd upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote