Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #31
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Does the firmware update change the behaviour of the wireless on/off switch. Or clearly asked is it still possible on V 3.4 to switch on/off wireless mode with a few cklicks? Thanks for a quick test for those who already updated.
The menu hasn't changed. I.e. you turn WiFi on or off by pressing the Menu button and selecting Turn Wireless On/Off.

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-12-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #32
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The menu hasn't changed. I.e. you turn it on or off by pressing the Menu button and selecting Turn Wireless On/Off.
Great news! Thank you!
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #33
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Does this new firmware update cause any problems for the new tools_v5.3 at all?
No problem here.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:34 AM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Nothing in this upgrade for me. I'll let Amazon do it whenever they get around to it.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #35
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I thought that amazon was no longer going to release any uipgrades for prior ereader models, meaning models three and earlier?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #36
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Nothing in this upgrade for me. I'll let Amazon do it whenever they get around to it.
Why would clearer fonts not be for you?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #37
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I thought that amazon was no longer going to release any uipgrades for prior ereader models, meaning models three and earlier?
Amazon have made no such statement.

When KF8 came out they did say that they would "roll out KF8 to our latest generation Kindle e-ink devices as well as our free Kindle reading apps".

What they didn't clarify was whether the Kindle Keyboard was included in "latest generation", since at that time the Kindle 4 was shipping, although the K3 was still for sale. (& is still for sale now.)

I very much doubt that we'll see official KF8 support provided for the Kindle 2, but perhaps some clever hacker will find a way to use the K3 update on the K2.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #38
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I very much doubt that we'll see official KF8 support provided for the Kindle 2, but perhaps some clever hacker will find a way to use the K3 update on the K2.
I'd love to see a similar update for my Kindle 2, but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to upgrade to get KF8. If only there was a newer model that had the full, physical K2 keyboard, physical page-turn buttons (wider than the K3's), AND touch-screen navigation with the new Paperwhite/external lighting feature. I'd be one happy camper.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #39
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sischa View Post
Does the firmware update change the behaviour of the wireless on/off switch. Or clearly asked is it still possible on V 3.4 to switch on/off wireless mode with a few cklicks? Thanks for a quick test for those who already updated.
No changes. Actions the same as 3.3.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Why would clearer fonts not be for you?
Because I see nothing wrong with the current fonts.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #41
s4nder
Connoisseur
s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Line spacing seems to be larger when using KF8 files (converted in Calibre). Small in KF8 is similar to medium on old mobi. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.
s4nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #42
Linkas
Linkas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Comparison between new and old fonts(photos):
http://swiatczytnikow.pl/kindle-keyb...niejsze-fonty/
Linkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #43
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4nder View Post
Line spacing seems to be larger when using KF8 files (converted in Calibre). Small in KF8 is similar to medium on old mobi. I'm not sure if this is intended or not.
It's a 'bug' in the KF8 rendering on all the various eInk Kindles.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM   #44
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Because I see nothing wrong with the current fonts.
You do realize how stodgy that sounds?

"Bah! Humbug. You kids and your 'progress' and 'improvements.' Bring back ice boxes, that's what I say!"

ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
You do realize how stodgy that sounds?

"Bah! Humbug. You kids and your 'progress' and 'improvements.' Bring back ice boxes, that's what I say!"

Do not forget one of these while we are at it!

Sorry for being slightly

Can not help myself!
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote