Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
wufmama
wufmama began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 912
Cool Pocketbook Pro 912 text almost invisible and very tiny

OK I got this Pocketbook Pro up and running. Put an sd card in it.
Transferred books to it.

Some of the books I put on it I had read on another e-reader that accepted most formats, as this one is supposed to do.
However, when I open the book to read, the text is so light as to be illegible, and also tiny.

Have tried various setting and configurations.

The manual says it is possible to enlarge the font, and darken the text.
Well call me a dummy, but I cant find of figure out where and how to do this.

And I spent a couple of hours doing all this, in preparation for a 5 hour flight tomorrow, thinking I would be happily immersed reading on this ereader. THATS not going to happen. LOL

So... I can check back here once I land.

Anyone who has suggestions, advice OR...actual step by step dummy instructions, I would me most grateful.

I read thru the forums, and saw 1 or 2 that suggested installing Calibe, and changing format...I can actually install Calibe ON the reader, and change to formats within the reader?? If so, need dummy instructions on that too. Im a geeky girl with a computer, but have now discovered those skills do not transfer over to this ereader and its programming.

This is going to make me crazy, because Im a heavy reader, and do at least one or two books a day. Imagine my shock when i discovered my loaded books to be illegible. ARGGGG

Thanks to all and any who take the time to help me out with this.

Am getting on the plane with paperbacks to keep me sane, since I cant read on the reader!!

Thanks
wufmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
What format are the books in?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
MathieuP
MathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura aboutMathieuP has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 903 Pro
Sanity check: the 912 has a couple of buttons on the right-hand side to increase/decrease font size (epubs) or zoom factor (pdf). Have you tried these?
MathieuP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
And Calibre is a program for your PC not for your reader.
It's best to convert everything into epub or fb2. These are the formats the Pocketbook displays best.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote