Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
phaeton
phaeton began at the beginning.

Device: none
Titles which didn't transition to Kobo

I'm curious what titles didn't migrate to Kobo for other people. When I made the transfer the site indicated 165 out of 169 would and four would not. The four which didn't were:

Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave
The Constitution of the United States, 1787
20,000 Leagues under the Sea
Paradise Lost, A Poem in Twelve Books

Bizarrely, I realized that I had 170 books with Sony and the fifth missing title was Jane Erye. Did anyone else experience public domain books not transitioning or Kobo's count being less than accurate?
phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
For me the ones that didn't transfer over were mostly free reads that Sony had and I guess Kobo did not. I guess a few public domains where in the mix; and an author who you can buy most places, just not Kobo. (Actually the author has retained ownership of his works and his self publishing them now; but doesn't matter since I've read them all and still have them on my computer and reader anyway).
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I had only 2 out of 90+ books that didn't transfer. One was a book by Len Deighton, which I think had actually stopped being available on the Sony site a while back, and is not available at all on Kobo.

The other was a Jane Austen compilation, and Kobo does not have the same edition.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, public domain, sony