Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
GraciousMe
Zealot
GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Did I get this right?

I had a mind to upload my newly written e-book here to get some feedback on it, but now I have a feeling I maybe misunderstood the whole thing.

Seems that this part of the forum is as searchable as other parts, and in that case my book will become public when uploaded here.

I had ideas about scrambling it, but really, xxxxxxxxxx or abbababbab ababbabb aba bb does not make sense and I think it is hard for the eye to see how well that is coded.

Anyway, I would be willing to put up at least parts of my book, but not if it thereby becomes totally public.

Also, judging from the titles it seems people are uploading other people´s books, not their own.

Correct me if I´m wrong. (I like to be wrong.)
GraciousMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
GraciousMe
Zealot
GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An unusually stupid question?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
AFAIK, this forum is primarily for distributing public domain ebooks. You can of course upload your complete book here, if you own the rights and don't expect any kind of payment for it.

However, as soon as you upload it here, anybody can download it.

If your book is a work in progress the Writers' Corner is probably a better forum.

If your book is finished, you can plug it in the Author Self-Promotions forum.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #4
GraciousMe
Zealot

I see, thanks.

I thought this was a place for writers to get their, if not books, then code and programming, criticised.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousMe View Post
I thought this was a place for writers to get their, if not books, then code and programming, criticised.
If you want technical feedback the ePub, Mobi or Workshop forums might be the best place to ask, depending on your source files and target format(s). For example, you could post .html or .css code excerpts there.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Books posted here can request feedback for errors but it is not intended for reviews. Books posted here can be defined as creative commons licensed and are thus protected legally to the rights you specifically authorize. See http://creativecommons.org/

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousMe View Post
I had a mind to upload my newly written e-book here to get some feedback on it, but now I have a feeling I maybe misunderstood the whole thing.

Seems that this part of the forum is as searchable as other parts, and in that case my book will become public when uploaded here.
I am slightly curious about what you think the word "library" means in the forum name. Naturally the books here are publicly accessible - that's why it's called a "library".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
GraciousMe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I am slightly curious about what you think the word "library" means in the forum name. Naturally the books here are publicly accessible - that's why it's called a "library".
Thanks for the info. I never knew all libraries were public.