Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #16
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheg View Post
going back to my question, where can I check calibre logs to find out why it's crashing?
You would have to run Calibre in debug mode to get any logs that can be examined.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
going back to my question, where can I check calibre logs to find out why it's crashing?
Its crashing because Calibre is not designed to run on NAS setups

Even if you get it working you should not expect it to keep working

See post #9 in this thread from the Calbre author - Kovid Goyal.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #18
dheg
dheg began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Its crashing because Calibre is not designed to run on NAS setups

Even if you get it working you should not expect it to keep working

See post #9 in this thread from the Calbre author - Kovid Goyal.

BR
Fair enough, I read the recommendations regarding NAS environemnts. However I would still like to give it a go.

What I don't understand is that Calibre crashes when minimized to the system tray but seems to be quite stable when minimized to the task bar. Any reason you can think of?
dheg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Fair enough, I read the recommendations regarding NAS environemnts. However I would still like to give it a go.

What I don't understand is that Calibre crashes when minimized to the system tray but seems to be quite stable when minimized to the task bar. Any reason you can think of?
Not sure if you know, there's a multiuser version in the pipeline - but there's no release date - KG wont release it prematurely.

Re task bar v systray - I don't use the Calibre setting, and I can't think of any good reason for what your seeing - what happens if you take the NAS out of the loop?

I sometimes send it to the tray via some extra buttons I get from Actual Tools software. Might be worth giving one the external extra button gadgets a try just to see if there's any difference.

From what I've read on the forum Calibre behaviour in any sort of network setup can be unpredictable. Its not an issue I follow closely, but some people say they've been using Calibre on a network for months, and then it will just stop working, sometimes its a new release, other times its 'out of the blue'. There seems to be no obvious pattern apart from the fact that there isn't one.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote