Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
gagne
gagne began at the beginning.

Device: 1st Generation Kindle
Question Kindle 1 - Reading Location Problem

I am having a problem with my Kindle 1 not keeping the correct reading location in a book. When I come back to read the text is several pages earlier than where I left off. The Kindle is one of the first models released. I recently replaced the battery but have had no other problems. The reading location error has been consistently happening in more than one book but only recently. Any ideas?
gagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
By change is someone else reading the same book on a different device?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagne View Post
I am having a problem with my Kindle 1 not keeping the correct reading location in a book. When I come back to read the text is several pages earlier than where I left off. The Kindle is one of the first models released. I recently replaced the battery but have had no other problems. The reading location error has been consistently happening in more than one book but only recently. Any ideas?
I occasionally had some skipping around which would then evolve into a lock up, I did a hard reset when this would happen. it resolved itself for a couple of months whenever this happened
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
gagne
gagne began at the beginning.

Device: 1st Generation Kindle
No one else is reading on another device. I will try the hard reset. Thank you!
gagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
I've had this happen a few times on my Kindle 3, too; rather annoying. I haven't had to resort to a hard reset yet as, thus far, it just starts "behaving" on its own again, but it's good to know there is a solution if it increases in frequency. Thanks, kindlekitten!

Should have known to use the computer cure-all (at least the cure-all for PC's, not that the Kindle is Windows-based) - when all else fails, reboot!

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert