Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 04:43 PM   #91
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Correct, just copy the install....bin to the kindle and update via the settings menu. Same as jailbreaking and installing other stuff.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 AM   #92
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Hi, does anyone have the files from Sir Alex, hosted on GitHub. I would need the english version of the ui (the pictures) On google he has uploaded only translated versions.
diba
See new completed source archive at Google. I added original strings and images (folder loc_en).
SVN repo also updated.
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #93
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

THX Alex!! All I would need know are the files translated from Zuphael, I still want to avoid translating something he has aleady done. Hi Zuphael, upload please !! I will take care about the pics.
diba
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #94
Frawi
Frawi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I've done it! Everything (jailbreak and german localization) worked fine!
Thanks to all who made this possible what Amazon can't do (what a shame...)

Regards!
Frank

Last edited by Frawi; 08-04-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Frawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #95
DrNWM
DrNWM began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thumbs down

Hi SirAlex,

First of all I thank you for that marvellous software.

Second, good news:
I picked up the thread from Zuphael's work and finally made a working installation of the german package, because the original Zuphaels package(s) didn't work on my kindle 3G. (Version 3.1)
It still doesn`t include german images. This is a idea for next release.
(It should work on 3.2.1 also, because I've based it on your ru dir from svn)

But I've got some difficulties with the googlecode localisation package, I want to solve.

After some translation hours (correcting/adding missing box texts a.s.o. ) I come to the compiling:
First times without any installation success. Install packages are build, but kindle refuses to install.
Because I thought I made something wrong, I testet all other packages, but no success either.

Remark:
I prefer to do this on unix side (better shell support), so I created a shell script like the make.bat file.

Things I found out, while testing, but can't explain: (nightful testwork ... )

- The packages are only accepted if the package is named like yours??!
For example: update_loc_ru_0.14_k3w_install.bin
If I create it with a name like update_loc_de_0.3_k3w_install.bin (changed vars in the script!) , it fails!

- These falsely named packages runs, but if created by a unix/linux system, they are only incompletly installed, looking in the localisation directory, the K3Translator.jar which runs while the installation on kindle ignors the .class files!
So I compiled them later with DOS cmd-shell on XP, using <make.bat>
Then the translation.jar file differs slidely, pathes are separated by backslashes, on translation.jar file from Unix by slashes.
K3Translator.jar accepted these backslashed files and refuses the slash sepated ones.
Sound silly because on Kindle it runs a linux based system, which also would create slashed pathes, if tested!

Question:
- If you are the programmer of the K3Translator.jar, could you please modify it to also accept slashed pathes?
- Then: Howto upload my sources to google? or send it to you?
- Have you perhaps a quick solution for the naming problem? For me its not a problem, but if I uploads the archive it will confuses people, because of the loc_ru string in the installation package.

Thanks a lot for your basis work.

A closing question/statement:
There are no packages for DX kindles proposed;
(I am also a owner of an DX kindle and would prefer him to localize to german - not really important, but would be nice.)
So I tested it on my dxg device. Installation succeded ! But: ...

Here is the situation:
Some phrases are now translated, some aren't.
What do you need, for the googlecode svn to add these devices too?
Howto extract the phrases from DX jar's? (/opt/amazon/ebook)

Do the .translate files have an 'order' or can we simply add some phrases, who are needed for DX's?

Greetings

DrNWM

Last edited by DrNWM; 08-13-2011 at 10:25 AM.
DrNWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 03:36 AM   #96
diba
Addict

Hi DrNWM,
thanks for another one working on the German loc. I have installed Zuphaels bin and it works fine. Only some typos and a few leftovers from the russiona files (pdf opening sais Seite XX (russ for of (von)) xx). Do you have done from scratch? Would give support to translate pics if you like.
I have not the intention to do the whole work again, so do you have the translated files NOT already packed. Would review to further improve. So would you forward the files?
Diba
Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM   #97
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNWM View Post
- The packages are only accepted if the package is named like yours??!
First of all - good work!
You must add your update name: "update_loc_de" to Jailbreak whitelist /linkjail/etc/whitelist
Quote:
- If you are the programmer of the K3Translator.jar, could you please modify it to also accept slashed pathes?
Yes, I'm author give me your translation.jar (Linux version) and I fix it.
Quote:
- Then: Howto upload my sources to google? or send it to you?
Send it to me and I add to SVN. Or register at Google Code and join my project and then add your files to repository.
Quote:
Howto extract the phrases from DX jar's? (/opt/amazon/ebook)
Run these commands (Replace folder to your):
Code:
java -cp bcel-5.2.jar;K3Translator.jar Translator es d:\eclipse\workspace\K3Translator\3.2.1\booklet d:\eclipse\workspace\K3Translator\3.2.1\strings
java -cp bcel-5.2.jar;K3Translator.jar Translator es d:\eclipse\workspace\K3Translator\3.2.1\lib d:\eclipse\workspace\K3Translator\3.2.1\strings
These commands extracts strings from booklet and lib folders (original) and places strings file into one folder.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #98
DrNWM

Lightbulb

Hello SirAlex, diba,

thanks for the answers:

-> Sir Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
Hi,
First of all - good work!
You must add your update name: "update_loc_de" to Jailbreak whitelist /linkjail/etc/whitelist
Hope so, but I should more often read the README's
I would have assumed this if I read the jailbreak one ...

Quote:
Hi,
Yes, I'm author give me your translation.jar (Linux version) and I fix it.
I'll do!

Quote:
Hi,
Send it to me and I add to SVN. Or register at Google Code and join my project and then add your files to repository.
I try to register me and look to join your project!

Quote:
Hi,
Run these commands (Replace folder to your):
Code:
java -cp bcel-5.2.jar;K3Translator.jar Translator es d:\eclipse\workspace\K3Translator\3.2.1\booklet d:\eclipse\workspace\K3Translator\3.2.1\strings
java -cp bcel-5.2.jar;K3Translator.jar Translator es d:\eclipse\workspace\K3Translator\3.2.1\lib d:\eclipse\workspace\K3Translator\3.2.1\strings
These commands extracts strings from booklet and lib folders (original) and places strings file into one folder.
Thanks, I now have extracted the DX files and search to solve the problem
of different textes between G3 and DX (already done for Settings menu!)

Only these silly little images bother me, extra work ...

-> diba,

Quote:
thanks for another one working on the German loc. I have installed Zuphaels bin and it works fine. Only some typos and a few leftovers from the russiona files (pdf opening sais Seite XX (russ for of (von)) xx).
This was not my primary intent. Because I couldn't install Zuphael package directly, and Zuphael silence (and no loc_de package in SirAlex's googlecode basis) I startet this project.

Quote:
I have not the intention to do the whole work again, so do you have the translated files NOT already packed.
Me too! So I took basically the translations out of the package from Zuphael
and decided to do a quick hack (with my knowledge in unix to recreate the source files out of the packed ones).

A the end there was not a quick hack, but I've now the NOT packed files available.

A little remark: because of adding content for the DX Kindle, I've extended some files with labels - not originally from G3 svn code - and text for the DX (only on 2.5.8 Kindle SW). But it works, the simple class files in translation.jar are only extended by another pair of strings.
This should rest inside, otherwhile the DX rests on english phrases.

-> SirAlex: perhaps we can add it for DX support globally ?

Quote:
Would give support to translate pics if you like.
What's hardly missing is a graphic translated bunch of pictures/buttons in ui_loc! Do you have done that work yet?

Quote:
Would review to further improve. So would you forward the files?
Diba
Yes! Its dedicated for public use, and as you see I want to add it to the googlecode repo, so no restriction.

Cu DrNWM

Confucius: The journey is the reward.

Last edited by DrNWM; 08-17-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typos ...
Old 08-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #99
diba
Addict

No, I have not started doing this nasty pic/buttons work ..., will do, but takes some time.
Hope I will succeed in packing the files afterwards to the bin's, is this to be done with the make.bat? This is something I have no experience in.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #100
DrNWM

Quote:
No, I have not started doing this nasty pic/buttons work ..., will do, but takes some time.
Hope I will succeed in packing the files afterwards to the bin's, is this to be done with the make.bat? This is something I have no experience in.
It is not really difficult, but only this time consuming works to alter this bunch of "search", "go to" and other little images.
Last step should be a shrink of the alterered gifs to the smallest greytone gifs possible.
Yes, "make.bat" creates the "update_loc..." files out of "strings" and "ui_loc" dirs as well as with the needed files like install.sh etc. which are also in the same dir. (and on the way the archive: ui_loc.tar.gz)
I hope you have yet downloaded SirAlex Googlecode "loc_k3.zip". There is everythings prepared for compilations in many languages, just the "loc_de" is missing - with identical structures.
"strings" dir for "loc_de" is on the way, for G3 it should work - like Zuphael package - an "ui_loc" dir from your side hopefully too

CU DrNWM

Old 08-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #101
Sir Alex
Groupie

Quote:
-> SirAlex: perhaps we can add it for DX support globally ?
I have no KDX, so I can't test this. But it posiible (of course)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #102
diba
Addict

@DrNWM:
Sträflingsarbeit!! Und die Dateien werden alle 2,5 mal größer, wenn ich die Graustufen reduziere, sinkt die Quali deutlich ..., 30 % erledigt...

Last edited by diba; 08-22-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #103
DrNWM

Lightbulb loc_de V0.3 published

Quote:
@DrNWM:
Sträflingsarbeit!!
Sorry! Leider unumgänglich ... nett, dass du das machst.
Quote:
@DrNWM:
Und die Dateien werden alle 2,5 mal größer, wenn ich die Graustufen reduziere, sinkt die Quali deutlich ..., 30 % erledigt...
Kannst mir mal die Faktor 2,5 grösseren Dateien senden. Vielleicht fällt mir was dazu ein!

@anybody:
loc_de package (V0.3) added to googlecode k3-loc project.
Can also be compiled for a DX Kindle type now:
- install.sh rewritten (for DX and also to make it more readable)
- necessary config files (for DX) added
- a few Lines added (for DX) in some .translation files

Only ui_loc dir must be completed to get also the rest of text (buttons) in german too.
My thank goes also to Zuphael base translation to german (V0.2) the loc_de V0.3 funds on (with some improvements).

As prior proposed the DX extensions can be transfered to the other languages too.
(Get a look on my loc_de dir on googlecode, to see how-to do it)

Here's are the "bin"s: (installation on DXG/K3W approved)
update 11/09/04 - v0.5:

OLD, no longer approved, use v0.5 instead !

CU DrNWM

Last edited by DrNWM; 09-04-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: v0.5 released!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:20 AM   #104
diba
Addict

Will finish the pics/buttons latest beginning next week! Actually I translate 10-20 per day (of roughly 250), when my wife is somewhere else and not complaining ....,
Old 08-23-2011, 03:37 AM   #105
diba
Addict

Is it necessary to uninstall Zuphaels 0.2 package before installing 0.3 or can I simply update?

diba

Tags
localization