Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 PM   #31
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
aaargh! The Clip Zip isn't being detected by my PC any more, see attached screenshot of error message. (This is the only device I have been connecting to my computer in the past days.)
I tried changing the USB setting on the device - none of them made a difference, removing the memory card, doing a factory reset (does not seem to work at all), restarting the Clip Zip and my computer - all to no avail.

I am starting to despair - has anyone had this happen before?

I can't even reinstall the firmware since my computer won't detect it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clipziperror.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	101934  
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
aaargh! The Clip Zip isn't being detected by my PC any more, see attached screenshot of error message. (This is the only device I have been connecting to my computer in the past days.)
I tried changing the USB setting on the device - none of them made a difference, removing the memory card, doing a factory reset (does not seem to work at all), restarting the Clip Zip and my computer - all to no avail.

I am starting to despair - has anyone had this happen before?

I can't even reinstall the firmware since my computer won't detect it.

Either a defective player or cable.

You could try a different USB port but it sounds like something is broken.

From Sansa Support

If you have Win 7 Try:
From Sansa's Clip Zip Forum

Last edited by Blossom; 02-25-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I've never used the sleep timer, because I generally use my Clip Zip when away from home. Most of my home listening is done on my iPod.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #34
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Either a defective player or cable.

You could try a different USB port but it sounds like something is broken.

From Sansa Support

If you have Win 7 Try:
From Sansa's Clip Zip Forum
Thank you, Blossom. I'll try to exchange it, but now I am really bummed out.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Thank you, Blossom. I'll try to exchange it, but now I am really bummed out.
Don't dishearten, lemons exist in all products. I have two Clip Zips and two Clip+s and have never had any problems with them (outside of a clock error I mentioned above on one of my Zips).

The Clips are great products. Exchange yours and try again.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #36
xendula
eBookworm

^ Yes, I'll give it another try with a replacement device.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #37
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
^ Yes, I'll give it another try with a replacement device.
Did you have it on Autodetect? That is what mine is set to. I also have two zips on a W7 and I remember it saying (computer) installing drivers or something and I thought what????

Did you shut down your computer and start again? Just a silly suggestion the IS&T always use to tell me at work.

I hope yours fixes itself or exchange it. It is the best I have found for .wma audiobooks.

Did you update your firmware? Another silly suggestion. One zip was updated, the other one wasn't.

By the way the album art only works on the internal drive, not on the external card. Does anyone know how to make it work?

Last edited by new; 02-25-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Did you update your firmware?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #38
xendula
eBookworm

Yes, yes and yes, I tried all the above, and none of them are silly questions.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Did you have it on Autodetect? That is what mine is set to. I also have two zips on a W7 and I remember it saying (computer) installing drivers or something and I thought what????

Did you shut down your computer and start again? Just a silly suggestion the IS&T always use to tell me at work.

I hope yours fixes itself or exchange it. It is the best I have found for .wma audiobooks.

Did you update your firmware? Another silly suggestion. One zip was updated, the other one wasn't.

By the way the album art only works on the internal drive, not on the external card. Does anyone know how to make it work?
No as far as I know on WMA Album art will not work on a SD Card. I don't know why but that's just the way it works. Not a big deal though it's just a small pic.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 AM   #40
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
To get album art to show: try adding a .jpeg of the art labeled "cover" to the folder after transferring the files, but before starting up (refreshing the media on) the Clip.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #41
RoseP
RoseP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I am able to transfer a wma audiobook from Overdrive by switching from MTP setting to MSC on my Sansa Clip+. When using advanced options in the Overdrive program, choose Browse for Player Folder. I select Audiobook and create a folder. Then proceed with OK, next, etc.

Hope that helps someone. Also, I checked my time and date settings and found my minutes didn't match my computer, so corrected that.
RoseP is offline   Reply With Quote